1.    #1  
    I purchased an audio adaptor from radio shack for a few bucks so that I could use my regualar headphones to listen to music while I waited at the airport. Unfortunately, at only a few bucks, it was probabaly my worst purchase yet for the T650. Rotating it produces a loud raspy sound and it doesn't fit all the way into the port due to the slight curvature of the bottem of the phone.

Question: does the P1 manufactured adaptor "fit snuggly" into the port, and does it produce stereo sound as opposed to mono (the adaptor from radio shack only produced mono)? Any owners like/dislike the P1 adaptor?
    My adapter from P1 fits snugly but is still sensitive to movement. Plus with the "L/J" shape, the whole thing seems a bit awkward with the headphones plugged into the adapter.
    I'd be leary of using those adapters in the treo. The torque that can be exerted on the Treo's jack can destroy it over time. If you must use one, make sure you have insurance.

What I do is replace the 3.5 mm plug on my favorite headphone with a 2.5 mm right angle plug (by soldering).
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    take your radio shack adapter and a utility knife (razor blade type), find the circular ribs at the male end of the adapter and make a cut through the plastic at the first rib. It's easiest to put it on a table and roll the adapter while pressing down on the blade, as you'll get the most even cut that way. Once the cut is made all the way around the adapter, slide the ring you just made off the end and viola. Your RS adapter will now fit all the way into the jack and will be solid. Don't worry about pressing too hard with the knife because it's a metal cylinder under the "rubber" grip you are cutting through. I've cut three so far (one in my car, one with my stereo adapter, and one in my bedroom that I hook up to my computer speakers). Works every time :-)
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    This didn't work for me. I acutally have to have the plug just short of all the way in and kind of pulling up to the top to get stereo. What a pain! I've got to take it back to sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    take your radio shack adapter and a utility knife (razor blade type), find the circular ribs at the male end of the adapter and make a cut through the plastic at the first rib. It's easiest to put it on a table and roll the adapter while pressing down on the blade, as you'll get the most even cut that way. Once the cut is made all the way around the adapter, slide the ring you just made off the end and viola. Your RS adapter will now fit all the way into the jack and will be solid. Don't worry about pressing too hard with the knife because it's a metal cylinder under the "rubber" grip you are cutting through. I've cut three so far (one in my car, one with my stereo adapter, and one in my bedroom that I hook up to my computer speakers). Works every time :-)
    Vince
    Vinman,

Nicely said! I have previously performed that procedure on two radio shack adapters with success. However I was concerned with the stress that a straight adapter would have on the Treo jack.

This is what I recommend:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/photos/ADA-25M35F-2T.jpg
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=ADA%2D25M35F
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espionagelfe
    I purchased an audio adaptor from radio shack for a few bucks so that I could use my regualar headphones to listen to music while I waited at the airport. Unfortunately, at only a few bucks, it was probabaly my worst purchase yet for the T650. Rotating it produces a loud raspy sound and it doesn't fit all the way into the port due to the slight curvature of the bottem of the phone.

Question: does the P1 manufactured adaptor "fit snuggly" into the port, and does it produce stereo sound as opposed to mono (the adaptor from radio shack only produced mono)? Any owners like/dislike the P1 adaptor?
    The loud raspy sound you're hearing when you rotate the adapter may be because of a flaw with your Treo 650. I had that problem with my first two Treo 650s. The third one (knock on silicon chips) works fine.

One way you may be able to test if this is an adapter or Treo problem is to see if you get that static when you use the headset that came with your Treo. The headset that came with your Treo 650 should work fine.

I also found that the Seidio adapter produced less noise when moved that the PalmOne headset adpater.