1.    #1  
    I have searched through the forum and found nothing on this, which surprises me but maybe I missed something.

I currently use a T3 and sync with Outlook (actually Franklin Covey Plan Plus for Outlook). I like my setup but I would like to try the 650 to see if the converged device is for me. This combined with some of the issues I see mentioned here concern me and make me want to keep my option open to go back to my current setup.

So, can I load up the 650 software, create a new Hotsync user id and keep both my T3 and 650 sync'd with Outlook (Plan Plus)? I am assuming I need to have a different Hotsync id. I don't mind reloading my apps one at a time, my main concern is the data in Outlook.

I just don't want to sacrifice my current setup for the 650, just in case I want to go back.

Thanks,

Carey
    You can have the two co-exist but you have to make sure the 650 desktop is the one installed. I would probably also choose a different user name for the phone as you potentially will have difficulty with the sync software against two different kinds of devices (if you had 2-T3's or 2-650's you could share the same name).
    Hello TreoBeard,

Dang is quite correct to suggest using a different user name. Otherwise data will be merged and you'll have duplicate info, etc. You can read more information on this in the palmOne Knowledge Library article "Synchronize with multiple handhelds or with multiple desktop computers" here.

Sincerely
    Kevin

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the information. I read through the Palm link you provided and it mentions Pocket Mirror. My T3 just uses the Palm conudits for Outlook and I assume that the 650 has conduits as well.

I am comfortable with the two device thing, it's just a matter of determining whether Plan Plus will be an issue on the 650 and if it will continue to work on the T3 and 650 at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    My T3 just uses the Palm conudits for Outlook and I assume that the 650 has conduits as well.
    Yes:
    here

Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    I am comfortable with the two device thing, it's just a matter of determining whether Plan Plus will be an issue on the 650 and if it will continue to work on the T3 and 650 at the same time.
    FranklinCovey? Best to contact them regarding this.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/