1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Since you need to open the battery cover to access it, you might just as well lift out the battery and put it back in to reset the unit. It's easier that fishing out the stylus to hit the reset hole. The non-volatile memory prevents any data loss anyway...
    i dont' think it's good for the hardware..
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Mine doesn't need a reset button - it resets itself all the time! What a great "feature".
    I'm tired of resetting my treo 650 in always since I bought it from day 1......
    I suppose you need the button when you are doing a hard reset. How stupid not to make a hole in the battery cover!
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    you gotta make your own hole. I did. Much more bearable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326
    Why would this not be good for the hardware? Does it hurt when I swap out my drained battery with a fresh one?
    I imagine that taking out the battery when the unit is still "on" is what might be bad for the hardware. Turning the treo off before swapping out a battery is probably a good thing to do, and that's not always an option in situations that would call for a reset.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326
    Why would this not be good for the hardware? Does it hurt when I swap out my drained battery with a fresh one?
    Newtreouser - do you have a picture of the treo 650 with the hole drilled into it to access the reset button. Ae you using a paper clip to access the button? Are you going through a case too?

I was thinking about the same modification to my Treo 650, but would like some more feedback. I would image that this change would void the warranty too.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I would image that this change would void the warranty too.
    if you lost your battery cover..would that void the warranty?