1.    #1  
    I'm pretty sure Snapper doesn't do this; if it does, let me know...

I'm running SnapperMail Priemier 2.1.1.01, registered.

I'd like to have seperate "auto/manual" options for recieving email and sending email.

Right now, I can specify that the system should "Get Mail" either 'manually' or 'automatically every X minutes', and if it's on automatic, it will also send any emails in the Outbox when it connects to get email.

I want to be able to set my "get mail" option to manually, but have the system periodically check the outbox and do a send (but not a recieve) if any items are in it.

This would be useful to me for when I'm writing some emails on the subway (or anywhere I'm "offline"). I can put the emails in the outbox and put the treo in my pocket and know that soon after I reaquire a signal the emails will go out on their own; I won't have to remember to send the emalis I wrote.

I don't need the automatic fetch because I get an SMS alert sent to the treo by my mail server on incoming emails. Not quite IMAP, but I don't need to poll the server to find out if I have email. Obviously, if I don't need to poll, there's no point in draining the battery by turning on the automatic recieve, but I still want the automated send.

What do I do?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    I want to do exactly the same thing with the standard email that comes with the treo. Even better, I want to auto-send upon "SEND", but not "get" any mail. (Subtle difference: your request is to periodically check the outbox... that, I don't need.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Heller
    Even better, I want to auto-send upon "SEND", but not "get" any mail. (Subtle difference: your request is to periodically check the outbox... that, I don't need.)
    I don't know about the email app that comes with the Treo, but Snapper does do exactly that. When you click "Send" (as opposed to "Outbox") in the Compose window, Snapper connects to your email account's SMTP server and sends the message, and does not connect to the POP server to try to get mali at all.

BTW: regarding my original post, I posted on the Snapper Forum also and the Snapper guy basically said that it can't currently be done but is on the list of features to consider for the next version.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.