1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a good way to get video files (wmv, asf, mpeg) loaded on the 650? I am having big problems with the quick installer for some reason.

Thanks

Eric
    For any really large file like that you would be better off loading them directly on your SD card with a card reader. Hotsync is really sloooow on those large files. Also, if the file type is one that the Palm OS does not natively support, hotsync will balk at transferring it over.
    Zane
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    For any really large file like that you would be better off loading them directly on your SD card with a card reader. Hotsync is really sloooow on those large files. Also, if the file type is one that the Palm OS does not natively support, hotsync will balk at transferring it over.
    Zane
    Thanks. See, this is the problem. I have done it before and even tried putting it directly on the card. It seems that the phone prefers mpeg and asf files. With windows media, you can simply change the extension (which I have done successfully on other files) and it plays fine.

When I put it directly on the card, even in a format it is supposed to accept, it shows it with a big red X like it is incorrect format. Not sure how to get it to recognize but I found out the other day in one of my successful loads that the installer does seem to convert it some because it would not work at all directly on the card.

Any other ideas? That installer thing is very slow for sure but if I have a media file that it does like it seems to take it fine.

Eric
    I know that the built-in movie app plays mpeg's. I am not sure about the asf format. I use Pocket Tunes for mp3 and ogg files, and MMPlayer for movies in avi format.
    Zane
  5.    #5  
    Can you tell me where to get this MMPlayer? asf format is just another one that I know works because I have a couple on my phone. It will for sure play asf, mpeg. Just dont know why some worked and some didn't.

But back to the installing directly to the card. Are you able to just drop them through a card reader and they work?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I know that the built-in movie app plays mpeg's. I am not sure about the asf format. I use Pocket Tunes for mp3 and ogg files, and MMPlayer for movies in avi format.
    Zane
    MMplayer is at www.mmplayer.com
    I usually put my avi files in the Launcher folder on the SD card.
    You can get MMPlayer from http://mmplayer.com.
    Do a search in the Multimedia forum. There are many, many discussions about movies, players, and DVD conversion programs. I use PocketDVD and have had no problems with it.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Does anyone have a good way to get video files (wmv, asf, mpeg) loaded on the 650? I am having big problems with the quick installer for some reason.

Thanks

Eric
    Palm file browser. Free at mytreo.net