Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Here's the deal. I installed Contacts5 on my phone and when I was given the option to map the phone button to Contacts5, I did. Well, I didn't like Contacts5 so I deleted it. Here is where the problem begins. My green phone button is now mapped to contacts instead of the default phone dialpad. How can I change this back? I've already went to preferences and the phone button isn't mapable (if thats a word). Is there a program that will let me map the phone button? Currently I have the dialpad(phone) mapped to my calendar button so I can atleast access the phone.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    One way might be to reinstall Contacts5 and remove the option to map it to the phone button then delete it again.

Maybe someone will reply with a utility that will allow you to map the phone button like we used to be able to.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I found the solution on another forum. There is a program called btnfix by shsh that resolves this issue!

----------------------------

BtnFix quicky and easily resets the Treo's PHONE button function.

There are several applications out there (e.g. TAKEphONE, Datebook5, Agendus...) that take over the PHONE button.

If/when you remove any of those applications, you may encounter a situation where that button is left "hanging" - since the application assigned to it no longer exists, it behaves wrongly.

Normally, you could get over it by going to your system "Prefs" application, to the "Buttons" tab, and re-assigning the built-in "phone" application to that button (or pressing the "Default" button). To make things simpler - just install and run BtnFix, and press the "Go" button - this will fix the situation if needed.

Note: on the Treo 650 the "Prefs/Buttons" solution does not even work - it does not allow any change of that button assignment, so BtnFix is the only answer...

http://www.shsh.com/downloads/btnfix.zip
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Good find. I should have known to check out Shimon's site.
    So restoring / fixing the button I understand but will that help me custom design what I want for that button???

(the green phone button) it's stuck on the dumb call log.. I hate that... I want it to be contacts look up

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    TAKEphONE allows you to use the button for different things within itself. There are most likely other apps that will allow you to map it differently.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.