1.    #1  
    What is isync doing when it gives me a message during an incredibly long sync that it is processing over 7000 items??

I have 1200 contacts, so where does it get 7000 from?

Then I did a test, and when I add one contact, the processing figure isync gives me goes up by a few hundred! This is crazy, and truly a travesty by apple forOSX

I remember synching with my palm v with OS 9 and palm desktop and it worked fast and flawlessly everytime. I don't get it.

All this drama to sync a simple device with a simple address book and calendar app.

no excuses, apple I love you...but this really really sucks!!!!!
    I remember it doing this to me with multiple contacts but more disturbingly double or triple appointments. I found a solution on the iCal support site that talked about deleting some iCal and iSync preference files. The first few syncs took a while, then smoothed out.

So I recommend heading over to the Apple support site and asking the people on the discussion boards. They often have already been through your pain (and are regular users, many who use both systems, not just mac zealots!)

Ed
    ------
    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html
    I use to have this problem, deleted the pref files and reinstalled iSync and things cleared up.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I use to have this problem, deleted the pref files and reinstalled iSync and things cleared up.
    Which files, exactly, do you delete?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650