Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I just got my T650 last Thursday and followed Marc's advice and rebuilt my mailbox (I only have one). I am running 1.0.4b3 and noticed several times that Chatter has gone offline and I can't figure out why. I originally had the No Data Connection if Poor Signal checked but unchecked it thinking that might be the problem. It wasn't. The only thing I have checked now is Disable Chatter while roaming.

Any ideas?
    A log (with annotation) would be helpful. Is there any indication in the lower-right? What version did you upgrade from?

Marc
    Hi Marc
    I was going to e mail you about this also started noticing it on the last beta after a while of inactivity I notice it goes off line then when you click on reset connection it goes on line and gives me my mail.

Fred
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    The indication in the lower right is OFFLINE.

I didn't really upgrade from a previous version. I deleted my mailbox and then deleted Chatter and after a hotsynch I reinstalled it.

I just got a soft reset and after it restarted the first thing I did was a #*377. It says Fatal Exception in Chatter. When I went into Chatter I see that it is OFFLINE. I am running 1.0.4b5 (just upgraded this morning).
    fkpalm - I don't know what you mean by "it goes offline". What does it say in the lower-right? Can you send a log?

TxDot - "Offline" means that either 1) you took the Mailbox offline manually or 2) There was a server error or login error or the server didn't accept the IDLE command. I'd need a log to know which.

Marc
    mine is going offline with the latest beta as well
    Seriously, I don't know what any of you mean by "going offline". And since I don't have any logs of this either, there's not much I can do.

Marc
    Hi Marc
    The bottom right corner where u know you are online after a while comes on that I am off line it appears on the bottom right corner. I can send u a log later this evening

Fred
    Ah. Is the folder really offline, or does it SAY it's offline. Had you recently deleted a Mailbox?

Marc
    If you're using your Treo on Cingular, people have been reporting in another thread that all of the US the GPRS network has been going down. It went out for a few hours here in San Jose, CA, and when it came back up it has been really spotty about working (web pages half load, timeouts, etc.)
    Just wanted to throw that out there as a possible reason for the problems today.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Yes, mine went offline too, but it was a Cingular network problem. I tried connecting with other apps, and also failed. It fixed itself after a few hours.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    mine is on sprint been happening since the last beta.

Fred
    I have the same issue that others have been describing. It started with the latest beta 1.0.4b5. It's very likely that it's an issue with this particular build, as I never had the problem before.

I've noticed that with this new build, it often happens if I turn the phone off and then on, or if the treo soft resets. It doesn't seem (I could be wrong) to be dependant on reception, as I've had this occur in both areas of good and poor reception.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 03/07/2005 at 10:08 PM.
    Still waiting for somebody to send me a log of this; I really don't understand what's going on...

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have logging turned on but this is a random situation so it may be awhile before you get a log and it may be quite large.

Since I'm on T-Mo the network problems mentioned in other posts don't apply plus I started noticing this during this past weekend which was before beta 1.0.4b5.

The post from paulsjmail closely describes what I have observed.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I just sent you a log. The way I recreated the problem was to do a soft reset via zlauncher and after the Treo was back up and the network search was finished I went into Chatter and the mailbox was offline. The screen had OFFLINE in all caps in red in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
    While I don't have this "Offline" problem, I just sent a log to Marc about a separate, but possibly related, problem that I've been having. I only have one folder/box which I keep online virtually all of the time (it's a Fastmail folder).

Beginning yesterday morning I was having issues sending mail using Verizon's SMTP servers. (I posted elsewhere about this). I then switched to Fastmail's SMTP servers. All was fine for a few hours and then I'd have the same problems (a cnct-auth-send loop). Time resolved that issue. There wasn't really anything I could do except shutdown, reset, etc. A few hours later everything was working ok...

...But not for long. Yesterday afternoon/evening while at a meeting I noticed that I wasn't getting emails on Chatter (via Fastmail) when I was expecting them. The folder was online. For some reason or another either the connection between Chatter and the server was lost (Marc explained the envelope icon with a red line through it means Chatter is trying to connect to the server, but is currently in a not connected state even though the folder is online). Anyway, I'm wondering if this is a combination of perhaps a Chatter bug and nationwide network issues across all, if not most, carriers or just network issues.

Strange happenings...
    illustreous - Without a log, I can't help pinpoint the issue. What's best is to keep logging on and make notes in the log (with the Console "note" command) indicating what you're seeing. The problem is usually pretty obvious.

I uploaded 1.0.4b6, by the way, which may fix the "OFFLINE" issue.

Marc
    I emailed a log to you from my fastmail account a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    illustreous - Without a log, I can't help pinpoint the issue. What's best is to keep logging on and make notes in the log (with the Console "note" command) indicating what you're seeing. The problem is usually pretty obvious.

I uploaded 1.0.4b6, by the way, which may fix the "OFFLINE" issue.

Marc
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I loaded the latest beta and following the same steps described in an earlier post shows it's fixed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast