Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

The manual just says charge the headset for 1.5 hrs before use. I cannot find anything else in regards to charging it.

It is like the Treo whereby i can charge and top off as often as I can?

Or do I have to wait for it to drain down like older cell phones before charging?

The guy who sold it to me said that I have to charge it for 1.5 hrs - 2 hrs for first time use and then maintain by charging for only 1/2 hr.

please comment as I would like to let this $160 investment battery "stretch" as long as it could.
    The batteries in the HBH-660 are NiMh. Why they didn't use a LiIon I don't know. So it is probably best to not continually top of like w/LiIon batteries but rather to let the batteries get used down and then recharge.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Will do as suggested.
    that sucks. for as much as we paid for the hbh-660 they should have put a lion battery in it.
    You'd think???
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    They had to do something to make sure we all buy the HBH-670 .
    Yeah your probably right! Who wants to take bets that the HBH-662 has a LiIon battery? Just kidding..
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8.    #8  
    hey but u know what..i have charged this from Sunday morning and am still going strong with average talk time.

Very impressed with battery life so far....more testing to come
    Your right the manaul says only 1.5 hours but the FAQ on the website says you should charge for 8 hours before using the first time. You would think that since they make such good products they would be able to write a descent manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by wlkingdude
    Your right the manaul says only 1.5 hours but the FAQ on the website says you should charge for 8 hours before using the first time. You would think that since they make such good products they would be able to write a descent manual.
    But it's Sony! They'll will never get it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    sony's manuals are so non-detailed.

they have been using the same fold-out map design for decades.
    Well...ain't this a B*$#H!

So, I've had my headset for about 2 weeks, I've occasionally charged it before it needs it. Anybody know how much damage I've done? Is there a way to reverse the damage? Can I let it completely discharge and then recharge for a couple cycles to re-train the memory???

HELP!
    I wouldn't worry about! It takes quit a while of on charger/off charger for it to start developing any memory issues. Just change your charging habits now going forward.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I wouldn't worry about! It takes quit a while of on charger/off charger for it to start developing any memory issues. Just change your charging habits now going forward.
    Whew!

You just saved Sony from the wrath of this Southern Belle.

Thanks

K
    LOL, I would never try to protect Sony! Knock your self out anyways! Unfortunatley for me I guess they got me because I always seem to come back to Sony stuff. I have always liked the looks and asethetics (spelling?) of their stuff.
    Last edited by millerhifi; 03/08/2005 at 02:30 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  16.    #16  
    So what is the final procedure?

charge for 8 hrs before first time use (although this is too late for me)...

what about when it drains out or needs charging? do u just let it charge till the battery icon on the display say that it is fully charged (ie. stopped moving)?
    You can't over charge it. When it gets low recharge it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  18.    #18  
    thanks again
    Muchly appreciated....
    Okay I did some research and here is what I found about NiMH batteries:

"Memory is a type of problem that traditional NiCD batteries usually develop. You probably have heard that in order to maintain the life and performance of rechargeable batteries, you have to fully drain the batteries before recharging them. Thanks to "memory free" technology used for NiMH batteries, you can charge them anytime you wish, regardless if the batteries are fully drained or not."

So now I'm confused. Does the 660 have a NiMH battery or a NiCD battery that develops the memory issues?????

K
    Sony Ericson support told me that it uses NiMH, specifically:
    2 built-in rechargeable AAAA batteries, NiMH
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast