Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #1  
    Well count me as yet another that can't get my new GSM 650 to dial using a credit card. I have followed the directions, it recognizes the rule, dials the sprint access number (18003662255)... and thats where it ends.

    Any thoughts?

    Mods please move to the SHSH sub forum
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    Well count me as yet another that can't get my new GSM 650 to dial using a credit card. I have followed the directions, it recognizes the rule, dials the sprint access number (18003662255)... and thats where it ends.

    Any thoughts?

    Mods please move to the SHSH sub forum
    Hi,

    Can you tell me what you see when you called the number ?
    And what your script is ?

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yes Shimon,

    I have tried various scripts.

    It currently is set to 18003662255 T 0 N T xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    That is the 800 access number, pause, add 0, number, pause, access code.

    I have tried variations of x, p, t. The rule gets picked up, the access number gets dialed. and then no other digits get sent. The only choices on the screen are hang up and mute.

    This is a brand new 650 GSM unlocked with FileZ, Snapper, Xiino, as the only other 3rd party apps loaded.

    I would love to get this working so any suggestions are appreciated.
  4. #4  
    Hi,

    I can only guess the device does not detect the initial call (18003662255) was answered - this was reported by several users.

    To try and verify - do you get the "active call" screen - i.e. do you get to see a "Hold" button ? or just the "Hangup" button ?

    Anyway - I have added a workaround for this - use the 'x'
    18003662255 X 0 N X xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    and then - after the first number is dialed and answered, go to TAKEphONE, then select "Do/Current calls" (shortcut-.) from the menu.

    (if you set the PHONE button to launch TAKEphONE, and a long press of it to go to "Current calls", then you can just press & hold the PHONE button from that dialing screen)

    Let me know if this helps any...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    To try and verify - do you get the "active call" screen - i.e. do you get to see a "Hold" button ? or just the "Hangup" button ?
    No I do not see the hold button, only the hang up and mute button.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Anyway - I have added a workaround for this - use the 'x'
    18003662255 X 0 N X xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    and then - after the first number is dialed and answered, go to TAKEphONE, then select "Do/Current calls" (shortcut-.) from the menu.

    (if you set the PHONE button to launch TAKEphONE, and a long press of it to go to "Current calls", then you can just press & hold the PHONE button from that dialing screen)

    Let me know if this helps any...
    None of this seems to help. I cannot get back to the takephone app to select the "do/current calls". The phone button does nothing as long as the call is active. I can only hit mute or hangup.

    Also the Phone button is set to launch takephone, but the long press options do not include the "do/current calls" option.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    No I do not see the hold button, only the hang up and mute button.



    None of this seems to help. I cannot get back to the takephone app to select the "do/current calls". The phone button does nothing as long as the call is active. I can only hit mute or hangup.

    Also the Phone button is set to launch takephone, but the long press options do not include the "do/current calls" option.
    Hi,

    You mean you are locked in that screen, and cant go to any other application ?!?!?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #7  
    That is correct
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    That is correct
    Hi,

    This is strange.
    If this is the case on all Treos - then we're stuck here...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #9  
    Well, I think on the various forums that I have yet to see a 650 user sucesfully using the calling card features.

    I hope I am wrong... Are there any 650 users using the CC features?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    Well, I think on the various forums that I have yet to see a 650 user sucesfully using the calling card features.

    I hope I am wrong... Are there any 650 users using the CC features?
    Well - the problem originates from your access-number - seems the treo does not detect it being answered.
    You can try changing the access number to some other number (say - your home phone), to see if the script does work ok when an answer is detected...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #11  
    I'll give it a try when I get a chance... I uninstalled and am on a business trip right now.
  12. #12  
    Hi,

    I think I may have a solution !

    Please email me - contact@shsh.com - and I will send you a version to test it.

    Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. slr001's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #13  
    Shimon,

    I sent you an email... Did you get it?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by slr001
    Shimon,

    I sent you an email... Did you get it?
    yes - I did.
    Seems the "hidden prefs" are the curlpit.
    I managed to recreate the crash now.

    Will test...

    Thanks !
    Last edited by TAKEphONE; 03/14/2005 at 02:22 PM.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15. #15  
    I have the same problem with a GSM Treo 650. TakePhone/Treo does not seem to be detecting that the access number was called successfully. How can I get the test version?

    The access number is dialed. I can here the auto attendant asking for the number to dial. I am at the Screen that has the hangup button.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I have the same problem with a GSM Treo 650. TakePhone/Treo does not seem to be detecting that the access number was called successfully. How can I get the test version?

    The access number is dialed. I can here the auto attendant asking for the number to dial. I am at the Screen that has the hangup button.
    Email me (contact@shsh.com) and I will send you a build to test.

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions