1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint 650 and the screen just cracked. Sprint is telling me that it isn't warranty and that I need to buy a new one. PalmOne says that it won't do any repairs for Sprint products. Anyone have any ideas or am I SOL?
    I assume that you dont have the lockline insurance?
    I am in the same boat as you except its a unlocked 650. I think I am going to send it to palm and pay the $180 to get the screen replaced.
    With Sprint unless you have the lockline insurance you are out $500. Mind you the person could have been lying but from what I read on another forum is that if you have a Sprint Treo 650 palmone will not repair it.
    How did it crack?
    A friend of mine cracked the screen on his 650, and was telling me how he didn't have insurance on the phone. I had an insurance policy on my phone through compusa, and was going to exchange my phone for some other issues, so I allowed him to take the screen from mine to replace his. I figured it wouldn't hurt anything, and he payed for my insurance renewal with the new phone. Worked out pretty good.

I probably woulnd't have done it though if I wasnt' already planning to replace my phone.
    I cracked my 600 screen and did NOT have insurance. Since getting the 650, I got the insurance, though I am not familiar with this lockline term for insurance. What I do know is I asked them, "If I drop this thing on the bathroom floor, accidently step on it or run it over, will this cover it and they said yes."
    I think it had a $50 deductible.
    If you have insurance, I would call again and try much harder. Tell them you were mislead on the insurance (and likely was not clear) and that you will cancel service.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_graff
    I have a Sprint 650 and the screen just cracked. Sprint is telling me that it isn't warranty and that I need to buy a new one. PalmOne says that it won't do any repairs for Sprint products. Anyone have any ideas or am I SOL?