Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I've read myriad posts on memory, sim and 3rd party apps all resulting in havoc with the new 650 when migrating from the 600. With all my old 600's replacements (5 of them) I always just hotsynced them back to the desktop and never used backup. I was planning on doing that with the 650, but it seems from what Ive read here that thats not the smartest thing to do when migrating.

Would anyone venture to post their recommended steps for migrating from an unlocked 600 on cingular packed with 3rd party apps to unlocked 650 ?

thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by omoanya
    Hi all,

I've read myriad posts on memory, sim and 3rd party apps all resulting in havoc with the new 650 when migrating from the 600. With all my old 600's replacements (5 of them) I always just hotsynced them back to the desktop and never used backup. I was planning on doing that with the 650, but it seems from what Ive read here that thats not the smartest thing to do when migrating.

Would anyone venture to post their recommended steps for migrating from an unlocked 600 on cingular packed with 3rd party apps to unlocked 650 ?

thanks for your help

1. do a freakin search
    2. install each fresh apps to t650, just make sure its compatible or you'll be getting an infinite loop of soft reset
    3. have fun with your t650
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    THERE IS NO MIGRATION PATH!

Sorry for the caps, but want to save you the pain.

Search "mikec" and "migration" and you will find the answer.

Short version:
    -Sync contacts, calendar.
    -Remove all PalmOne and Handspring software. Make sure to delete all directories and such off you hard drive.
    -Reboot
    -Search again to make sure no Palm or Handspring data or directories exist on hard drive
    -Run 650 install cd
    -Sync contacts, calendar (ex. Outlook)
    -Go to software mfg site to see if they have a 650 version of their app.
    -Do not install any software that does not specifically says "supports Treo 650"
  4. m99
    I just got my 650 and found the best way to move my contacts was to beam them as a group from my 600 to my 650. I don't use outlook so this was the best way I could figure. Worked great!
    <b>T650-Cingular</b>