1.    #1  
    March came in like a lion for me in several ways including a broken hinge on a 270 that has been my weekday warrior since August 2002. I called customer support from a T-M store after the salesperson said they couldn't do anything for me except sell me a 600. After talking to a couple of people at CS -the second evidently being a "closer" who tried to sell me on a 600 "special"- I settled for a $70 270 replacement. Not sure what sort of 270 I'll be getting for $70, but that's the best T-M could do for me after spending $000s with them. We'll see... In any event, I'll probably feel less loyal if another carrier comes along with a Treo or other communicator I like. My iPAQ 2215 is charging up for tommorrow...
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    You didn't have insurance on your Treo? I used to have the 270, the hinge broke, and I got a replacement for $35. Some ppl have even gotten 600s for replacement phones.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The exact same thing (broken hinge) happened to me this time last year. Since I didn't have insurance, I didn't pursue getting a replacement. I still use my 270 as a Palm and to retrieve e-mail when I'm on the road and don't have access to a computer. Maybe I'll try calling T-Mo CS and see if i can get a cheap replacement too.
  4.    #4  
    No, if I had had insurance I would have also paid $35 since insurance has a $35 deductible. Of course, at 3.99 a month, over 2.5 years I would have paid out ~$120 in premiums.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    This sucks!!!! My trusty 270 broke around the hinge and I don't have another phone!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #6  
    If you're with T-Mobile, $70 will get you a replacement in a week. But, mine stopped working after a week and now they tell me I have to go through Palm to make a claim on my 90-day warranty. I called Palm Tuesday night and they hung up on me at 8:00 pm PT while they were looking up my serial number. I called back and just got a message telling me their service operates 8-8 PT. I'm beginning to see Palm on my rearview mirror.