1.    #1  
    I have both cell service and land line service (Verizon unlimited service which is expensive) and I would like to get rid of my land line. The problem is that means that I would have to carry my Treo 650 around the house wherever I go since I can't hear it ring if it is in another part of the house or it would take too long to get to it. Further, when I am home, I dont wear clothes that make it easy to carry around the Treo since it doesn't easily fit into a pocket and I don't usually have a belt on. a belt for a clip.

What if we had a base station that communicated with the Treo via bluetooth and could be extended via additional handsets that communicated with the base station via 5.8GHz? When a call came into the Treo, all the handsets would ring and one could answer the call from a handset. Additionally one could initiate and dial a call from a handset. When leaving the house, one could press a button on the base station to free the Treo from it and then use a bluetooth headset, and upon return, just press the button again to remate them.

I know that there have been cell phone bases in the past that did similar things, but you had to insert the cell phone into the base station, so it would need to be plug compatible. With bluetooth, this could be standard for all kinds on cell phones.

I know if this existed and were reasonably priced, I would get rid of my land line in a heart beat since I have Cingular with rollover minutes and have accumulated enough minutes to never run out.
    You mean like this gadget: http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy
    You mean like this gadget: http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
    Yes, that looks great, but they don't include Treo in their compatibility list and the extension phones must be connected to the base via the phone lines in the house. I guess I could connect my current base to Dock-N-Go via the house wires and then use my current cordless extensions connected to my current base.

I've sent them an inquiry to see if they support the Treo 650. I'll let you know if they respond.
    I saw they didn't have the Treos on their lists. I was mostly asking if that was the type of device you were looking for.
    I have no problem fitting the treo in a pocket.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dansamy
    I saw they didn't have the Treos on their lists. I was mostly asking if that was the type of device you were looking for.
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I have no problem fitting the treo in a pocket.
    I'm afraid of breaking it in my pants pockets, and dropping it from my breast pockets.
  8.    #8  
    Well, I finally heard back from Phonelabs (after two days), the makers of Dock-n-Talk. They claim that they support the Treo 650 but that you need a firmware update from Sprint and PalmOne. Firstly, I haven't heard of a firmware update (other than TreoCentral speculation), and secondly I have a GSM Cingular phone. Perhaps they meant the Bluetooth Car Adapter patch. Anybody else know?
  9.    #9  
    Just got the following from Phone Labs:

You may only need the Palmone update to fix their problems.

I presume they mean the Bluetooth Car Kit update.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Wonder why a fax machine cant dial out and send a fax with this device. I gues it can dial out, but is it the tones that are a problem? Fax tones can't be sent over cell phones?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Xcelis Pantheon - http://www.xcelis.com/
    Dock-N-Talk - http://www.phonelabs.com/

Did anyone ever try any of these?? Please post review if you have.
    Bump - I want to do this as well, and have a three-story house (lot of running upstairs to try to answer the Treo). It would be great if I could "dock" my Treo into my multi-handset cordless phone system.

The price of the Dock-N-Talk seems more than reasonable... (I would pay more) But I want formal Treo support before I buy...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I talked to guy named Jordan at PhoneLabs today and he said that their device will support the T650 via BT but that they have an issue where BT goes to sleep (or the Treo?) and they have not been able to figure out how to wake it up. I told him that if they would support the universal plug on the Treo that we could use a software solution to keep the phone always on when in the cradle. I am sure someone here can also figure out a fix to keep BT always on when plugged in and that would make their product compatible right now for the 650.

Someone please figure this out and call Jordan at PhoneLabs (# right off their site) or post it here...I need this capability for my home. I have already turned off the landline!
    Randy
    um- i can wake up my phone with bt- you have to check the allow bt wakeup in the bt settings... i have my phone off- i press the redial button my bt headset, the phone wakes up, and dials whatever i called last...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    you have to check the allow bt wakeup in the bt settings...
    I have looked in the Bluetooth settings but cannot find anywhere to select 'bt wakeup' or anything else to that effect.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I have looked in the Bluetooth settings but cannot find anywhere to select 'bt wakeup' or anything else to that effect.
    Bluetooth --> Options --> Allow wakeup
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Bluetooth --> Options --> Allow wakeup
    Now Treo 650 is listed on phonelabs compatibility list. I have a treo 650 with Sprintpcs. I managed to make it work with the dock-n-talk through BT. I have the Allow wakeup option checked. The sound quality is good and it seems to work fine. But my treo freezes after several hours and I have to reset my treo afterwards. This effectively make the dock-n-talk unusable.

Any advices?

Thanks!