Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Okay, I know this thing was on (blinking blue). When I put it in the charger, I got the red steady LED. Then about 10 seconds later, the red light goes out and the blue is still blinking. So it's chargerd right? Nope, after about 10 min on a call, I get the low battery tone with the red blinking LED. I know the connection was good, I got the red steady light. I know the connection wasn't broken, I was looking at it, and it didn't move. Is it possible that the Scala is still charging even though the light went out?

The static I can live with, I think it's got to do with my wifi...but how can the cradle be so sensitive if it stops charging without it even moving?
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
    The red light doesn't stay on the entire time that the Scala is in the charger. It comes on when you first insert it, then goes off a few seconds later. If the battery on your Scala was exhausted, I would think it would take several hours to recharge it. Leave it in the charger overnight for better results.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    If that's the case, great...it was in the charger all night. Let's see what we get....
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well I made one call, about 3 minutes in length, and surprise surprise...I got the low battery tone and red flashing LED...I give up!!!! For all the hype this has to be the worst BT headset I've ever used. (Had 3 different ones over the last 2 years with my SE T39) So much for a good deal!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I could swear the red light on mine stays on until it's done charging.

I'd call the company and see if they would replace yours.
    The red light stays on the entire time it charges. If it isn't on you're not getting a good connection with the cradle.

I had this exact issue as well as heavy static after about 3 feet. So.....I called Cardo and told them my concerns. They shipped me a new cradle immediately and asked me to send the earpiece ONLy back to them after they issued me an RMA number. I just got it back an hour ago and the cradle works great (charging as we speak).

The new units have a lighter blue blinking light (also noticed in several other threads).

Call Cardo, they know there has been a problem with a lot of these units and they are correcting the problem.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm so tempted to just take a hammer and smash the damn thing. Am I the only one that thinks this charger cradle is about the flimsiest thing in the world?