1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 650 from Cingular since Feb. 9, 2005. Over the past week, I've noticed the upper middle area of the screen get darker and darker. Take a look at this shot of my Treo's screen. It's not a reflection problem and it hasn't been dropped. I treat it like a baby!

The dark area has disappeared a couple of times, only to come back the next time I turn my Treo on. One time, the dark area did disappear right before my eyes...only to come back the next time the screen was turned on. When it did disappear, it was almost like I was adjusting the screen brightness. No, I do not have any 3rd party utilities installed that control the screeen brightness.

I'll be requesting a new Treo 650 tomorrow from Cingular. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this issue creep up yet. To date, it's been the only issue I've had with the phone (besides poor speaker phone and ear piece volume...but I think everyone has that problem!).

http://www.coltwest.com/treo650screenshot.jpg
    Looks like a case of 'uneven illumination' (like my Powerbook) or something's putting pressure on the screen...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Looks like a case of 'uneven illumination' (like my Powerbook) or something's putting pressure on the screen...
    I agree...I'm a Powerbook user and had the infamous "white dots" problem a little over a year ago.
    What are the following aps??

-Clicker(is it a remote?? if so how/and w/ what does it work?)
    -Dir Assist(I have an idea. is it a phone book or something?)
    Dir Assist is a residential/business phone/address looker-upper thing that may be the best thing you ever install on your Treo
    Quote Originally Posted by bdh18
    What are the following aps??

-Clicker(is it a remote?? if so how/and w/ what does it work?)
    -Dir Assist(I have an idea. is it a phone book or something?)
    Tiff answered about DA (may be her most favorite app ever)
    Clicker is a remote control, but it's to run software on a Mac,

click here for more.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Dir Assist is a residential/business phone/address looker-upper thing that may be the best thing you ever install on your Treo
    Only if you live in the US...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    What kind of case are you using? Does your case have a magnetic closure at the top because that may be the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    Only if you live in the US...

That is why she said it "may" be the best thing you ever install.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!