1.    #1  
    Hello,

Been a while since i checked in having gotten the ole 650. Does anyone else have a problem using the quickinstall to load video to phone?

I have done it several times before but it seems to time out and then crash the installer. This one is only like 5MB and I have successfully loaded one up to 29MB before. Obviously I am doing it to the card.

I tried a smaller size with an .mpe and it worked (only 2MB) rather fast. Seems I have tried all workarounds with renaming, etc to no avail. This has occurred on 2 different PCs too, one of which I reinstalled the entire palm softeware.

Appreciate some help.

Eric
    Yeah, you need a program like Cardexport or the free Pinstall (which I can't get to work as it can't detect the meory card) Anyone have any suggestions for that problem?
  3.    #3  
    Hey thanks. I tried pinstall before but not sure it will work with USB on the 650. I did however try this cardexport. Basically, it makes your phone serve as a card reader. I have a card reader and have dragged and dropped stuff right on the card which shows like a hard drive (or floppy rather).

The problem with that is that there seems to be a format problem when you do that. If it is an mpeg, wmv, asf or otherwise, the install tool does some conversion before installing.

If you put it directly on the card, it will be unavailable for viewing on the phone. I know it is there because I can see in FileZ that it is, but it will not show up in the images part of the phone.

Having said all that, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Yeah, you need a program like Cardexport or the free Pinstall (which I can't get to work as it can't detect the meory card) Anyone have any suggestions for that problem?