1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've been working on a Java Midlet game. Recently I purchased a 650 and I have successfully installed the websphere jvm on the 650 to run midlets. However when I try to run the ibm jarToPrc tool in order to turn my midlet into a prc file so that I can install my game on my 650 I get an error. I have also tried with commercial and sample jad and jar files (just to see if it's something to do with my program,) and my program works fine on my Nokia n-gage.

The error I get reads: "Error: An invalid PRC was created (0 bytes in size)."

Does anyone with experience using this tool or anyone who does midlet development have any advice for how I can install my midlet on my 650?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Hi Boobookins,

I know exactly what's wrong. It's an issue with your Classpath. Imagine that! Run the command line tool and you will see it is looking for 3 zip files that belong to the jclFoundation10. Those 3 zip files need to be in the classpath so the JVM can find them, or you need to put them in the wherever your jvm is running....for example

My JAVA_HOME env variable is defined for C:\Program files\java\jre1.5.0_01.

So the classes should go into %java_home%\lib\jclFoundation10.
    You can check out your java_home environment variable by typing this (echo %java_home%) at the cmd prompt.

Hope this helps!
    Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Hello,

I've been working on a Java Midlet game. Recently I purchased a 650 and I have successfully installed the websphere jvm on the 650 to run midlets. However when I try to run the ibm jarToPrc tool in order to turn my midlet into a prc file so that I can install my game on my 650 I get an error. I have also tried with commercial and sample jad and jar files (just to see if it's something to do with my program,) and my program works fine on my Nokia n-gage.

The error I get reads: "Error: An invalid PRC was created (0 bytes in size)."

Does anyone with experience using this tool or anyone who does midlet development have any advice for how I can install my midlet on my 650?
  3.    #3  
    D'oh! I had a feeling it was a classpath issue. I actually did quickly run the commandline tool and I got the same error, but then I had to got out and couldn't delve much deeper. Anyway when I get home tonight I'll update my enironment variables and give it a whirl.

Thank you very much for the reply, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Moved the foundation library to my JAVA_HOME and now all is well thanks again.
    Last edited by Boobookins; 03/08/2005 at 11:14 PM.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Hi, I've got the same error. But I think the problem is not classpath. I tried the command line tool jad2prc and the error log is as follow:

Unhandled exception
    Type=GPF vmState=0x00000000
    Target=2_20_20040608_1450_lHdSMR (Windows XP 5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2)
    CPU=x86 (1 logical CPUs) (0x1fecc000 RAM)
    ExceptionCode=c0000005 ExceptionAddress=1130A074 ContextFlags=0001003f Handler1=1130A07C
    Handler2=1130A080
    EDI=018406a0 ESI=00000000 EAX=00133000 EBX=00000ff8
    ECX=0153e768 EDX=018406a0 EBP=00000ff6
    EIP=1130300c ESP=0012f220
    Module=D:\Palm\Java_Tech_for_Garnet_WEME57\Tools\bin\J9PRT22.dll
    Module_base_address=11300000 Offset_in_DLL=0000300c

JavaVMInitArgs.nOptions=7:
    _port_library (extra info: 0012F894)
    _image_rom (extra info: 0012F820)
    -Dcom.ibm.oti.vm.exe=D:\Palm\Java_Tech_for_Garnet_WEME57\Tools\bin\jad2prc.exe
    -Xjcl:jclfoun10_22
    -Djava.home=D:\Palm\Java_Tech_for_Garnet_WEME57\Tools
    -Djava.class.path=.
    -Dcom.ibm.j9.ext.dirs2=D:\Palm\Java_Tech_for_Garnet_WEME57\Tools\lib\tools\

This only happens on some jar/jad and is NOT happen on my friend's PC although we use the same version of WEME and jdk.
    Anyone who have experienced this please help.
    I got it working now! Turns out I need the JDK installed (just having the JRE didn't do it.) And yes, it was necessary to copy everything in the /lib folder to the /lib folder in the JDK (and with JAVA_HOME pointing to the JDK too.)

It would have been nice if they mention something in the documentation.
    Last edited by triprince; 08/19/2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: grammar