1.    #1  
    Hi - I'm new to the forum so I appoligize in advance if this is not the place to post this question. Basically, I'm having a really hard time getting my Treo 650 to connect to my exchange server using the Exchange ActiveSync protocol and VersaMail (ver 3.0). Has anyone come across or published a more complete check list or "how-to" for configuring an exchange server to work with a mobile device.

I've tried to contact Palm but they were not much help other than verifiying that I have my acct set up correctly. I couldn't find any info on the microsoft support pages that pertained to the Treo 650. This is the first mobile device my office has - so any settings that are not the default have not been changed (other than the few that Palm lists - enabling SSL on port 443).

For what it's worth I keep getting the following error. "There was a problem syncing messages. (0004) There was a problem connecting to server. Check your network or server settings and try again." Not too descriptive. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    Warning - not a very helpful response here. My company recently did whatever firewall stuff they needed to to open up our MS Exchange servers to this, and I was able to configure it by just using the very basic setup instructions. So, it does work, and (at least for me) fairly reliably.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Warning - not a very helpful response here. My company recently did whatever firewall stuff they needed to to open up our MS Exchange servers to this, and I was able to configure it by just using the very basic setup instructions. So, it does work, and (at least for me) fairly reliably.
    Apparently my IT guys aren't as smart as yours, they just can't get mine to connect. I suspect it's a firewall issue with me too, because I get my error very quickly, it doesn't feel like there's even enough time to start the login process. My error is "Net 123E There was a problem connecting to your server".

What are your settings in the advanced setup options? I have port 443 and SSl enabled on the first screen and port 80 with proxy auth unchecked on the second screen. Same as you?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    Apparently my IT guys aren't as smart as yours, they just can't get mine to connect. I suspect it's a firewall issue with me too, because I get my error very quickly, it doesn't feel like there's even enough time to start the login process. My error is "Net 123E There was a problem connecting to your server".

What are your settings in the advanced setup options? I have port 443 and SSl enabled on the first screen and port 80 with proxy auth unchecked on the second screen. Same as you?
    My settings are exactly the same as yours - I also get that Net 123E error as well as the 0004 and 0006 errors. I have no idea what they mean but it says "there was an error syncing messages" - although no syncing took place. I don't see any record of it in the Event viewer either. I'm getting that the error is at the firewall - meaning that you input the name of the mail server correctly (mail.yourdomain.com) so it resolves when it logs on to the web - but the traffic is blocked at the firewall so it just times out. You might want to check with your IT people to see if port 443 is open.

Does anyone out there no what ports need to be open besides 443? If you have a Treo 650 that is using the Exchange ActiveSync can you press your IT people for a little more detail? I have the dubious title of being the "Computer Guy" at my office - but really I'm just making things up as I go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.