Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Hilauncher looks interesting will lots of flexibility. But I don't really know where to start since you have to setup your menus from scratch. Can any of you hilauncher users share some of your tips and shortcuts?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I set my hilauncher menu up similar to a "windows" start menu interface. Grouping all of my "programs", "tools", "Games" putting them into sub-menus, with shrotcuts to filez, contacts, SMS, and blazer, all on the main menu.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    you can also have a folder with web addresses so you can launch any fav page within any app.
    I've done a combination of what Fittske and dutchtrumpet mentioned. I also set four spaces on my main menu to show the last four programs I've run.
    This should more or less give you an idea

P.S. If it isn't clear, this is my current setup. I do have LauncherX as my main launcher, but I like HiLauncher very much for its flexibility and it's one of the few true one-handed launchers around. So that's also what I use it for; true one-handed operation (long press Home button)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by djr

P.S. If it isn't clear, this is my current setup. I do have LauncherX as my main launcher, but I like HiLauncher very much for its flexibility and it's one of the few true one-handed launchers around. So that's also what I use it for; true one-handed operation (long press Home button)

nice setup there.... it would be gr8 if more hi-launcher users could post how they've setup their's too... would give lots of innovative ideas to newbies like me and help get most out of it.

just one question... does anybody notice any overall sluggishness (even if minor) after installing hi-launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by djr

I love your setup, djr. Is there a way to copy a file to get someone's Hilauncher set up? I just got it and it's very cool, but I don't know how you set up all those nested menus. How do you get the battery life and other stuff on the top of your menu?
    thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Okay, I've been messing with it now and have 2 questions:
    1. How do you get both the time and date on one line?
    2. How do you get the list of recently used applications to work?

Really nice app. I think I may buy it.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    1. just type - ^D, ^T and u'll get both the date n time.

2. make a subfolder and add several "recent apps" to it.... simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    2. make a subfolder and add several "recent apps" to it.... simple.
    In fact you don't even have to create a subfolder for that. You can put "Recent App." items anywhere in your Menu. And if you want these items to display the actual names of recent applications, delete their captions (leave them empty).
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    One tip I can think of for Hi-Launcher: If you assigned your launch button to the Home button, don't do an upgrade of Hi-Launcher to a newer version before first re-assigning the Launch button to "None". Otherwise it will cause your Home button to soft reset.
    oops, do you recall which versions were involved?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Last one I tried was version 2.8. Have been without a Treo for 3 months...getting my new 650 on Tuesday :-) Will obviously be doing a fresh install of version 2.9. Best launcher out there.
    Thanks
    Any other "new" or "cool" Hi-Launcher tips?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Any other "new" or "cool" Hi-Launcher tips?
    Yes, don't ignore the "Shortcut character" feature found in each item's preferences. By setting this to one of the characters in the item's name, you can quickly select the item using the Treo's keyboard. For me, I have a top level set of "folders" with a bunch of apps in each. With the shortcuts in place, I can launch any app in my Hi-Launcher menu system with two key presses.

Turn on the option "Display Options" > "Contents" > "Underline shortcut characters" so you can see the shortcut letter underlined in your menus.

Zen.
    Oh, yea... If you find yourself running out of room cause you're putting too many apps in your menus, no problem. Just go to that same "Display Options" > "Contents" menu and ratchet down the "Height" slider at the top of the page. This changes the height used by each menu item, giving you instant extra room for more stuff.
    Thanks guys. I tried the Quickmenu in ZLauncher, but I don't think it's as good because of HiLauncher's ability to use "shortcut characters", which is great when driving and you want to make a speed dial phone call.

Thanks

Hey, can you download other people's configuration for HiLauncher and switch between configurations?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Hey, can you download other people's configuration for HiLauncher and switch between configurations?
    Starting with Hi-Launcher 3.0 you can use the "Menu"=>"Load" and "Menu"=>"Save As" menu commands (in the "RNS:: Hi-Launcher Setup" screen) to save your configuration. It is saved as a regular Palm OS database that may be shared (beamed, or found in the backup directory on your PC).
    Is it just me or does Hi-Laucher not work with Agendus Pro?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast