Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    When I am listening to an audible.com book on my T600 (I run the Audible program and the files from my SD card) and get an incoming phone call, it sends my Audible playback into a garbled loop, I lose the call, and often have to do a soft reset. By contrast, when I listen to PTunes files, no problem: the phone call just pauses the MP3 playback and comes through. So - anyone have similar experience?
    thanks,
    -amell
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Apologies for this duplicate posting, but I put it on the T600 hardware forum and it should be here:
    When I am listening to an audible.com book on my T600 (I run the Audible program and the files from my SD card) and get an incoming phone call, it sends my Audible playback into a garbled loop, I lose the call, and often have to do a soft reset. By contrast, when I listen to PTunes files, no problem: the phone call just pauses the MP3 playback and comes through. So - anyone have similar experience?
    thanks,
    -amell
    I haven't had the garbled experience but I noticed that if I do have a call come in or I stop, exit audible and then come back, it doesn't start in the spot I stopped in. But no garbbled effect.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    When listening to Audible on my 650, activation of the BlueTooth Always results in a sift reset. Anyone else notice the same problem?
    I use Audible player version 2.1 and don't have that problem. Are you using format "2"? That is what I use. Maybe a higher format is the problem.
    Are you running ptunes from the card as well? Does the same thing happen if Audible is in RAM?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have AudiblePlayer for Palm version 2.5

I haven't had the problem you describe, but I do have these problems:

1) when a call comes in - the AudiblePlayer does not autobookmark where I was. So when the call is over I have to go back to the last book mark. If that was a half hour ago - I either have to fast forward or listen to that again. Not fun.

2) despite checking the "enable background play" - AudiblePlayer does not work in the background like ptunes does. So this means - no audio books while driving using say - Mapopolis with GPS. (that combo with ptunes does work).

Any suggestions? BTW - try to get a newer version of the AudiblePlayer for Palm that will probably fix the loop problems.

Dustin
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Spoke with the Audible folks - they said there has been an issue specifically with Sprint Treos (which I have), with resets and loops occurring with incoming calls during and Audible playback. He said they had been "working on it" but wasn't sure if the 2.5 version of Audible Player resolved this. So - anyone out there with a Sprint Treo and Audible Player 2.5 - any such problems?
    thanks,
    amell
    I have a sprint treo 650 & audibleplayer v 1.6
    I have no problems with proper pause & resumption when an incoming call comes in - starts in the correct spot, no resets.
    Nope. Do you have the latest version of AutdiblePlayer -- v1.5?
    <merged>
    I have a Sprint Treo 600 with Audible 2.5. I don't have any of the reset or loop problems, but I do have the problem described previously as

when a call comes in - the AudiblePlayer does not autobookmark where I was. So when the call is over I have to go back to the last book mark. If that was a half hour ago - I either have to fast forward or listen to that again. Not fun.

There was a point along the way with Audible when I did not have this problem. I don't know if this was a previous version of the Audible player or what.

Does anyone know?