Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's see who wins.

The longest my Treo 650 went without resetting/freezing was 2 days!! Whoopee!

Who can beat that?

hehe...I think I'm up to twenty minutes..a record! Actually, Since turning off Verichat "Always On" and re-enabling Network time, I haven't had a reset in almost a week.
    mine starts every morning with a freeze - the first operation after being woken up has to be a freeze. so grumpy you win already over me.
    I went like 2 weeks
    1 | 2
    Hmm. I had one reset slightly after launch in October. After that, smooth sailing.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    None so far
    Never!
    Bought almost a month ago.
    Loaded with tons of 3rd party apps now
    The only time my 650 has performed an unexpected reset (series) was when I launched TomTom Navigator with only about 2mb of RAM available. After deleting or moving files, the reset stopped. No problems before or since, despite a number of 3rd party apps.
    nearly three weeks and not anticipating any rests in the future, found out it was the old AOL and now I am on the new version it has been stable. Whooo hoooo!
    Once I got rid of versamail I've been pretty much reboot/reset/freeze free for a LONG LONG time. I think it did reset about a month ago when I hit the home button while blazer was actively downloading a webpage.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but my Treo650 has been remarkably stable.
    About three weeks now.
    We should get scientific about this. Your 650 can reset without you knowing it. In the phone app, dial ##377# and report the findings. It lists the date, time, and cause of the last reset.
    Mine reads:

A reset was caused on 3/3/05 at 10:40 pm while running "Web":

Fatal Exception
    I have not had to hard reset since I received the 650 on 11/29/2004. IIRC, I've had only 3 random resets, and they were all caused by VersaMail back in the beginning when I was setting it up. Went with SnapperMail and haven't had any problems since. My last reset occurred 2/5/2005 trying to use the "Send Tree to Memo" function in FileZ (seems to happen everytime I try). I have needed to do 3 or 4 soft resets to get syncing to work, but haven't quite figured out why it happens. Other than that, my 650 has been rock solid.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I have never soft or hard reset the thing myself except a softie to see if it would bring back network services. I have had 3 resets via the Palm program "Crash" in the month I have had it..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    MisterFuhrman: thank you. I think most of these people who claim they have no resets mean that they don't _see_ the resets so they assume they never happen. My longest "uptime" is about 56 hours. I check every day or two via #*377-dial (unlocked GSM - the code for the CDMA units is apparently ##377# or something like that).

Right now it's showing: A reset was caused on 3/6/05 at 1:31am while running "Phone": Fatal Exception.

About 95+% of my crashes just say that, "Fatal Exception", no other information. My mean time between resets seems to be about 24 hours. It seems to happen more often when I have bluetooth and GPRS enabled and I'm doing something like quitting the TomTom navigator app or trying to record video, but it will still happen frequently when the phone is sitting there (like I guess it was at 1:31am last night). So most of the time the only way I know it reset is seeing it light up when I'm at my desk or checking it later on as mentioned above.
    If I don't add software/upgrades, it goes a looooooong time in between soft resets.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    My last reset was Jan. 6, from experimenting with PocketCity (http://pocketcity.sf.net). Other than that, no software problems... I do have a weak "p" key.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    We should get scientific about this. Your 650 can reset without you knowing it. In the phone app, dial ##377# and report the findings. It lists the date, time, and cause of the last reset.
    Further to my post above, my error log lists only the reset I talked about, occuring on 2/23/05, a "fatal exception while running Navigator."
    Since I loaded shadowmites r3 patch and carefully loaded "compatible"apps, absolutley 0 problems! Tired ZL (what a waste of $$), I'm using LX now with it's simple and clean UI. I think ZL was causing major resets along with ver 9.02 Agendus (now using 9.03). Anywayz, it's been 7 days since loading shadowmites r3... and ##377# shows "No system errors"
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgabriel
    MisterFuhrman: thank you. I think most of these people who claim they have no resets mean that they don't _see_ the resets so they assume they never happen. My longest "uptime" is about 56 hours. I check every day or two via #*377-dial (unlocked GSM - the code for the CDMA units is apparently ##377# or something like that).
    since i use pocket tunes and it doesnt continue working on a reset until I go into it, i know everytime my phone resets.

last one was the 1st.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast