1.    #1  
    Gmail has finally allowed plain HTML browsing...

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about_whatsnew.html

So now we can access our accounts using Blazer on our T650s!
    You know you can access gmail by entering in the pop3 settings into Versamail, right? I know there's things you can't do in Versamail, but it works fine for me.
    For a long time you could have accessed your accounts using gmail-lite set up a server...

Or use once of the many publicly available, such as uneasymail.com

The plain HTML version of the REAL GMail doesn't render very well on my Treo.
    what are the gmail settings for POP based email using versamail? thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    You know you can access gmail by entering in the pop3 settings into Versamail, right? I know there's things you can't do in Versamail, but it works fine for me.
    Yes, I know about that but haven't been using it because of Versamail's inability to sync email from the T650 to the desktop (although, strangely, it can do so from the desktop to the T650--not a true "sync" if you ask me). This way, I can check and still be able to download later to my desktop. Also, I have felt uneasy about the use of Gmail lite via someone else's server (not sophisticated enough to run it myself).

Just wanted to share the news since there were at least a few threads about Gmail lite and people wondering how to enable Active X in Blazer for this purpose...
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    what are the gmail settings for POP based email using versamail? thanks
    Mail Service: Other
    Protocol: POP

Username: yourusername@gmail.com
    Password: yourpassord

Email Address: youremailaddress@gmail.com {same as username}
    Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: {use what was provided for you current mail account provided by your carrier}

Under Advanced

Incoming Server Settings:
    Port Number: 995

check Use Secure Connection (SSL).

That's my setup and it works. (On gmail they have instructions.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I know this is snappermails site but they have a nice detailed
    configuration site
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#82
    for a lot of different internet providers
    great job gmail - works now also with xiino
    I have been using Gmail lite... I have it on my server and it works like a charm!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Gmail's SMTP works with versamail now?

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2