1.    #1  
    Just checking on an issue.

I am used to having a ringing sound in the handsfree earpiece with my past phones, when they are ringing. However, this is not the case with the 650. It is really hard to hear it ringing in the car while the radio is up loud. Is this correct or do I have another problem with my phone ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Just checking on an issue.

I am used to having a ringing sound in the handsfree earpiece with my past phones, when they are ringing. However, this is not the case with the 650. It is really hard to hear it ringing in the car while the radio is up loud. Is this correct or do I have another problem with my phone ??
    do you have the GSM version? i know that my does not ring in the ear piece or headset but Freedom 1.3 fixes the problem.

www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    If I have the headset activated then it will beep when I get an incoming call. Of course I rarely ever have the headset activated unless I'm already on a call.
  4.    #4  
    I have done further investigations on the matter. I have found that if the phone is switched onto silent mode, then it will ringing into the earpiece, but very faintly. However, if it is normal ringing mode it will not ring into the earpiece.

By the way, when you are refering to headset activation, are you just refering to plugging in of the headset ?
  5.    #5  
    Smiley, yes I do have a unlocked GSM version. I had a look at Freedom 1.3. My 650 is so unstable right now, I just don't want to take a chance : (