Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Oh my God! Tonight I was doing some things and after a couple of soft resets with Butler and Voice Pad and the like my Treo 650 would not sync.

TURNS OUT THE CRADLE BROKE!!!

IT SYNCS PERFECTLY WITH THE CORD I GOT FROM PALM ONE, BUT THE CRADLE WON'T SYNC! (you know, you plug the Palm One wire into the cradle at the bottom)

In other words the Cradle connectors broke or stopped touching...they are diminutive, and the thing is guided very tightly...to yank out the 650 is Hard and there is a lot of wear and tear...I am a very delicate person so I'm sure they are gonna start braking in the first month for most people! (I am also a mechanical engineer from MIT...they are very small connectors, it is a very tight fit).

Stop your cradle order! Emergency! Any other people have trouble with the cradle?
    Last edited by mgauss; 03/05/2005 at 11:04 PM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Nope... both cradles functioning fine here.
    Hm, maybe a SLIGHT overreaction there...
    lol first a defective treo then a defective cradle. palmone is screwing with you.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I still have power to the 650, but no sync. It however syncs perfectly with the PalmOne cable. The little connectors are SO SMALL I cannot see any bent pins but we are talking microscopic connections, those pins are 1/32th of an inch high.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    No I did not have a defective Treo I love my Treo 650. It is working perfectly and I have no complaints. The cradle broke.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I want full credit for this cradle disease. We'll call it the mgauss disease with the treo 650 cradle. What an opportunity for Seidio!
    I just got my cradle today. Hopefully I don't catch the mgauss disease.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Put your 650 in and out of the cradle 50 or 100 times. Then sync. I doubt it will make it to 50. Mine had about 30 times in and out. As you can see when you put it in the feel is blind. And when you take it out it is a yank and you have to put some fingers onto the cradle and onto the 650 to pry them out. It's tough. Take it from me it is a defective product. Go ahead and fatigue it you still have your receipt. 100 times is like 3 months of simulation.
    mgauss - If you don't like the P1 cradle you might want to try Belkin's OmniDock-L.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Well they are out of stock...and considering how ugly that Belkin product is I am not sad. At this point the best solution is to fashion a way to upright the 650 while it is connected without putting pressure on the connection...some sort of triangular wedge...if you look at the connector it is obvious it will not take much abuse at all.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    mgauss - If you don't like the P1 cradle you might want to try Belkin's OmniDock-L.
    And I loved the P1 cradle. But it will break on you.
    Plenty of online vendors carry the OmniDock-L.

As far as looks, that's a matter of opinion. For me its functional and has not caused me any problems. And I can use the same cradle now for a long time into the future no matter what kind of Treo or similar type device I own.
    You can see some picks with the base cup for OmniDock-L fliped around at:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75175
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Agreed Tiffany...
    This was a HUGE emergency. I'm at a loss for words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Just a tad bit.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    TURNS OUT THE CRADLE BROKE!!!
    Can you be more specific? What happens when you press the hotsync button on the cradle? With the 650 in the cradle, can you manually start the hotsync app?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    When I press the button on the cradle the treo tries to sync and it cannot. The MAC does not acknowledge it. I will try to manually sync later. I doubt it is the button that broke. I think it is the connection.

It syncs OK with the cable I got with the Treo. (The same cable that goes inside the cradle underneath.)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Mgauss:

You are not alone. I have same problem.
    Syncs consistently with Palm provided cable BUT
    VERY INCONSISTENTLY with the new cradle.
    It does seem to be the connection.

When I start the sync process with the cradle, by either pressing
    the hardware button on the cradle OR the icon on the 650 itself it sounds
    like the connection is there...I hear it on both the Palm and the beep tone
    on the computer. But, the hotsync screen on the PC never appears and
    eventually times out as your connection was lost.

I have played around with positioning the Treo with the connector on the
    cradle...with some, but no consistent success.

Bottom line, there may, in fact, be a problem with the cradle connector.
    my cradle "broke" after a couple of days too. I too could still sync with the cable that is attached to the cradle.

I however, didnt panic, I took an air can out and blew the conector on the cradle. Stuck the treo back and press sync. viola it started syncing.

btw, this also happen with one of my cable on another pc. after re-installing all the software and re-booting a thousand times. I then did the air can thing and it worked.

the cable and the cradle have worked since.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast