Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From their site:

Version 3.0.7 3/5/05

* Feature: Added support for 5-way navigation of skins on supported devices
    * Feature: Add improved support for transfering music with RealPlayer (#1879, ...)
    * Feature: Increased streaming audio buffer to 256KB (#41)
    * Enhancement: Updated icons in Choose Song screen (#1834)
    * Enhancement: More skin features
    * Enhancement: Skins that have a slider bar on top of a progress bar now display properly.
    * Enhancement: Add skin support for sliders whose minVal is greater than the maxVal.
    * Enhancement: Redesign of popup console. (#1777)
    * Enhancement: 5-way navigation works in popup console when music is paused (#1776)
    * Enhancement: Added skin option for playlist not to draw up/down arrows (#1903)
    * Enhancement: Added skin option for playlist to use inverse video for selection (#1904)
    * Enhancement: Enhanced auto update (#1814)
    * Enhancement: Resume playback after phone call finishes (#1933)
    * Enhancement: If SD card is removed while song is playing from it, song is unselected (#1973)
    * Enhancement: Added new API function so that ring tone players can disable the auto-pause functionality of Pocket Tunes (#2009)
    * Modification: Renamed ShoutCast to Internet audio (#1822)
    * Modification: New Pocket Tunes and NormSoft icons! (#1905)
    * Modification: Renamed "Playlist" to "Manage Playlists" (#1942)
    * Modification: Error messages no longer specific to WMP (#1888)
    * Modification: Update copyright to 2005 (#1992)
    * Modification: Modify the 5-way navigation behavior to match newer devices (#2042)
    * Modification: Moved "Manage Playlists" menu item to top of Actions menu (#2020)
    * Bug fix: Fixed bug that prevented new skin strings from working
    * Bug fix: Fixed song duration display bug with medium/small fonts (#1890)
    * Bug fix: Fixed display problem for UTF16 ID3v2 tags (#1893)
    * Bug fix: Fixed display problem for WMA files without metadata (#1895)
    * Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused ChangedCondition skin action to always fire
    * Bug fix: Fixed flickering with skin progress bar (#1896)
    * Bug fix: Fixed problem where transparent non-scrolling text area might sometimes scroll.
    * Bug fix: Fixed redraw issue when resizing screen on T5. (#1852)
    * Bug fix: Work aroud a timing bug on T5 that causes virtual graffiti area to get "stuck" while playing music (#1897)
    * Bug fix: Fixed bug that could cause PC to crash when using WMP and Real Desktop at the same time. (#1870)
    * Bug fix: Fixed screen corruption problem when resizing screen with a list of items.
    * Bug fix: Added 5-way navigation of the bookmarks screen.
    * Bug fix: Fixed communication error when saving large files to NVFS. (#1913)
    * Bug fix: Song duration wasn't displaying on built-in skin (#1892)
    * Bug fix: Sometimes power came back on with TT5 immediately after turning off (#1894)
    * Bug fix: Treo 600/650 loses USB connection when screen turns off (#1529)
    * Bug fix: Fixed problem with GlooNet where it doesn't advance to the next song when using M3U files (#1898)
    * Bug fix: Fixed problem with GlooNet where pausing would cause a disconnect (#1899)
    * Bug fix: Fixed rare crash on startup (#1948)
    * Bug fix: Tapping OK in Choose Songs with nothing selected no longer erases your song list. (#1953)
    * Bug fix: Splash screen doesn't come up if music is already playing (#1956)
    * Bug fix: Fixed problem with RealPlayer where you couldn't delete music that had just been copied over (#1880)
    * Bug fix: Fixed problem where songs appeared 4 times in RealPlayer (#1882)
    * Bug fix: Fixed crash when deleting the current in-memory playlist (#1969)
    * Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak with USB communication library (#1972)
    * Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak in skin code (#1972)
    * Bug fix: Disable hot keys when features aren't available (#1960)
    * Bug fix: Left/Right buttons now work on new devices for background console triggering (#1971)
    * Bug fix: Fixed default buttons on all alerts (#1975)
    * Bug fix: Fixed hang when popup occurs over splash screen (#1995)
    * Bug fix: M3U playlists are now allowed with non-English characters (#1891)
    * Bug fix: Fix reading WMA files with text-based track #s and years (#1909)
    * Bug fix: Properly pause playback on incoming/outgoing call on Treo 650 (#1927)
    * Bug fix: Fixed bug reading/creating M3U playlists on cards with no names (#1966)
    * Bug fix: Use _ as default character when receiving files via Bluetooth, and don't convert spaces to anything to solve problem with some broken media software (#2018)
    * Bug fix: Fix minor resource leak when switching apps while music is paused (#2033)
    * Bug fix: Fixed uninstaller bug.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Great Felipe - you're finding all these updated programs today!

Tip: Going into pockettunes and selecing 'check for updated versions' it finds this version. Selecting "yes" launches Blazer and after filling in a short form you can save the 600K updated prc file directly to your Treo.

I just did it - and it worked great and if you're a registered user it keeps your registration code just fine
    thanks!
    Wow, that's a pretty big list of bug fixes and enhancements. I didn't realize there were so many issues with Ptunes.

Thanks for the update!
    And the fix to have the 5way navigation work with in the bookmark list is great for me who have 20+ bookmarks and always had to pull out the stylus on this screen.

Happy.
    Nice pull! Thanks for making us aware.
    Thanks Felipe! Im getting it right now.
    Nice # of improvements/fixes there
    1 | 2
    I just upgraded from my T600 (which had Pockettunes) to the the T650. Does my license transfer over if I download it onto my T650. Pockettunes was included in the installation cd for the T600.
    and a spiffy new icon to boot!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Tip: Going into pockettunes and selecing 'check for updated versions' it finds this version. Selecting "yes" launches Blazer and after filling in a short form you can save the 600K updated prc file directly to your Treo.
    I know this is there, but I was about to do it the long way of downloading to PC and then syncing.

I dont like they way they do it, have to go to the web site and download it. Verichat does this better, but I guess it works.

I like the new console.
    Felipe
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Wow, that's a pretty big list of bug fixes and enhancements. I didn't realize there were so many issues with Ptunes.

Thanks for the update!
    yes it is, and here I thought it was perfect.

got to try "* Enhancement: Resume playback after phone call finishes (#1933)."
    Felipe
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    I just upgraded from my T600 (which had Pockettunes) to the the T650. Does my license transfer over if I download it onto my T650. Pockettunes was included in the installation cd for the T600.
    i dont think it is, and even if it was you would still have to upgrade to this version.
    Felipe
    Thanks Felipe - Can you explain how pocket deluxe (basic) is better than real player thats included with the 650? thx
    Thank you, Felipe, for posting the announcement, and thank you, Tiffany, for posting the update instructions! It was nice to download the upgrade without having to go to my computer first....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    Thanks Felipe - Can you explain how pocket deluxe (basic) is better than real player thats included with the 650? thx
    no i cant. if all you going to do is listen to mp3, real should be fine.

since all i do is listen to mp3, i might have just stuck with real. but, I already had a lifetime license from pocket tunes so i loaded it.
    Felipe
    does the increased audio buffer mean that I should be able to connect to 128 kbs shoutcast stations and have it play decent? If not what should be the fastest stream a treo 600 user should connect to?
    oh yeah, time to upgrade.
    Is it my imagination or does 3.07 take up about another 400k of memory?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Mine is showing 824k from the native launcher "info" screen.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast