Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    does anyone know if you can use pocket tunes with power run?
    Maybe the extra memory footprint = 256k buffer?
    Does not appear to resume after phone call!!! Or, at least for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Does not appear to resume after phone call!!! Or, at least for me...
    I did a couple of tests of resume with PT3.0.7 and my T600...

While I was listening to a CBS Radio Mystery Theater mp3 I caused a call to came in. After the call I was able to press play in pTunes and the OTR (old time radio) recording resumed playing at the point it was automatically halted when the call came in.

For the next test of resume I played an mp3, paused it and exited pTunes. Normally you can return to pTunes and press play and continue on from there and with 3.0.7 this is still the case. The test was to see if after a call which uses pTunes to play the mp3 ringtone, would I still be able to resume the previously paused (and unbookmarked) mp3... Didn't work. The mp3 ringtone was loaded and halted and no sign of the mp3 that was previously loaded and paused.
    Yes, I am able to resume after exit. But, after a phone call, it goes to the start of the mp3. I don't use any mp3's as a ringtone, so that would not be the problem I am having.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    While I was listening to a CBS Radio Mystery Theater mp3...
    Where are you getting your OTR content? I'm a big fan of this stuff but haven't found a good source.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    does the increased audio buffer mean that I should be able to connect to 128 kbs shoutcast stations and have it play decent? If not what should be the fastest stream a treo 600 user should connect to?
    Yes!!!! I am very impressed by the new version of pTunes! I have been streaming 128 for about 1/2 hour without a hiccup to be heard. This program has gone from neat to OUTSTANDING! I could probaly gush about this all night, but I am sure none of you want to hear that. Just Upgrade and see for yourselves. ::::::whistle:::::
    my resume works flawlessly - I'm using the palmOne 'hybrid' headset. Jamming along - call comes in, I hit the button on the little mic/pod thing, talk...blah blah - hit the button to end the call, and the music picks up right where it left off when the call came in.
    Hmmm... The resume (the one fix I was really waiting for) doesn't work for me. I tested it by playing an MP3 and calling the phone - the MP3 stopped and I answered the call. When I hung up, the Treo 650 stayed in phone mode and when I went back to Ptunes, the MP3 was at the beginning. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    I believe that if you want to stream Shoutcase to pockettunes it has to reside in the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    yes and it works fine. if using shoutcast, i move ptunes to ram only to add a new station, but after that i run it from the card, even while streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    yes and it works fine. if using shoutcast, i move ptunes to ram only to add a new station, but after that i run it from the card, even while streaming.
    Ooh, gotta try that..I was under the - apparently wrong - impression that pTunes had to reside in the internal memory for streaming ShoutCast to work.
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Hmmm... The resume (the one fix I was really waiting for) doesn't work for me. I tested it by playing an MP3 and calling the phone - the MP3 stopped and I answered the call. When I hung up, the Treo 650 stayed in phone mode and when I went back to Ptunes, the MP3 was at the beginning. Bummer.

Same for me. Is there a setting that we are missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Same for me. Is there a setting that we are missing?
    Same here CDMA Spint. I think we are getting closer though. When a call comes in, PT pauses and the call does its thing. When the call is over, I get nothing. However if I popup the console, the song is in the same place, just paused, in the past it would restart the song from the beginging, at least it keeps it place now, now they just need to get it to play. Strange thing is that it worked for me once a couple months ago at work, I was totaly shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    Cool, that seems to works just fine. Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Ooh, gotta try that..I was under the - apparently wrong - impression that pTunes had to reside in the internal memory for streaming ShoutCast to work.
    Nice!

yeah, try it out, I learned that from another thread here

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Cool, that seems to works just fine. Thanks for the tip!

no problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Where are you getting your OTR content? I'm a big fan of this stuff but haven't found a good source.
    Mark;

I've checked out many OTR sites and have landed on this one...

Randy's Old Time Radio Shows
    Your Gateway to the Greatest
    Old Time Radio Shows of Yesteryear
    Now with over 37,035 Old Time Radio Show Episodes available at your fingertips for immediate downloading.
    173,536 Visitors

Here's your link...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    From the PTunes FAQ:

You can install Pocket Tunes and/or skin files to an expansion card. However, if you do this, you may not be able to install audio files via HotSync; you will have to use a card reader or other installation software to install audio files. You will also not be able to play ShoutCast stations from your web browser when Pocket Tunes is installed to an expansion card.

Also note that while playing Pocket Tunes in the background, the application will remain loaded in main memory, so you may see "phantom" copies of it when using some launchers. This is normal, and the "phantom" copy should go away if you launch pTunes, hit Stop, and then exit.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    NRG...I noticed that shoutcast streaming for me is very choppy if I listen to anything above 54 kbps. I have tested my download speed and I get anywhere from 97 to 130 kbps. However, I can't even to listen to a station that is streaming at 64 kbps so you being able to stream at 128 is absolutely amazing to me! Am I missing something? I am using the latest version of PT on my 650. I live in Socal where I believe EDGE is available.

I would love to stream at higher bit rates because I noticed that there is much better station selection.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    NRG...I noticed that shoutcast streaming for me is very choppy if I listen to anything above 54 kbps. I have tested my download speed and I get anywhere from 97 to 130 kbps. However, I can't even to listen to a station that is streaming at 64 kbps so you being able to stream at 128 is absolutely amazing to me! Am I missing something? I am using the latest version of PT on my 650. I live in Socal where I believe EDGE is available.

I would love to stream at higher bit rates because I noticed that there is much better station selection.
    I am using Sprint in the Tampa Bay Area. I would say since you are in SoCal which is way more populous than where I live, your choppiness is due to traffic. I tested mine at around 10 at night. I will give it a try around 5-7 pm and see if it streams as well as it did last night.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast