Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've only had my T650 about 3 weeks, but my stylus is so loose that it will fall out if the phone is held upside down. Am I the only one with this problem. I know I will lose it sooner or later, although I don't usually hold it upside down. . .
    Try a bit of electrical tape on the inside of the stylus "groove". I just opened the battery door & stuck it in the middle....
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip. So you just kind of line the groove with it, in a "u" shape?
    put a very slight bend in the stylus, that is one of the best methods I have seen. when i say slight, so slight that you cannot even tell is is bent, just enough to cause some extra tension in the slot
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Buy the pen stylus it works great
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    put a very slight bend in the stylus, that is one of the best methods I have seen. when i say slight, so slight that you cannot even tell is is bent, just enough to cause some extra tension in the slot
    Wow, that worked great! I couldn't even tell that I bent it, but now it fits snugly. Great tip. Thanks!
    Just a slight word of caution if you care: When the pen is bent a bit, it will scrape off some of the paint if you don't put it in correctly. In other words, when it turns to go in at the very end,the paint will scrape around the perimeter of the silo. No big deal at this point for me, but something I wanted to point out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    I love these forums. I have a problem... I search... I find... problem solved. Thanks for this tip!
    Here's one I'm looking for...

Is the stylus identical for the 600 and 650? I can't find 650 stylii in my local electronics stores, but they do have some no-name ones for the 600. Will these work in my 650??
    mine is snug..had my 650 for months now....
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    mine is snug..had my 650 for months now....
    Nice Sig Tag there CP.. Big Eagles fan eh?
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Also, two types of pen/combo stylus that i've tried, had a snugger fit that the standard stylus.
    super glue it
    @Shazbot: can I have your stylus, mine is stuck after your suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Here's one I'm looking for...

Is the stylus identical for the 600 and 650? I can't find 650 stylii in my local electronics stores, but they do have some no-name ones for the 600. Will these work in my 650??
    The stylus for the Treo 600 is not identical to that of the Treo 650. As a matter of fact, the T600 stylus WILL NOT fit the Treo 650.

Stalker768
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker768
    The stylus for the Treo 600 is not identical to that of the Treo 650. As a matter of fact, the T600 stylus WILL NOT fit the Treo 650.

Stalker768
    I have the opposite question: will the 650 stylus fit the 600 - perhaps with a little bending, since I infer from the above posts that the 650's is a little slimmer.

despite giving very precise instructions to a friend visiting from a country where styli are readily available, they still managed to bring the wrong ones to me in rather treo-deprived india!

if the stylus can be made to fit its hole, how about the reset pin working as well?
    cheers
    i have extra stylus i may be willing to sell make me an offer
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i have extra stylus i may be willing to sell make me an offer
    hi

thanks very much for the kind offer but im not sure if u caught the bit about me being in India

thats the very far-away from Crete, India.

It may not be worth the effort and cost of sending it over

I do know some supplier here who may be able to switch a 650 pack for a 600 if necessary.

Then again if you just happen to be a planning a trip to india in the near future....

cheers

geoff
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I've only had my T650 about 3 weeks, but my stylus is so loose that it will fall out if the phone is held upside down. Am I the only one with this problem. I know I will lose it sooner or later, although I don't usually hold it upside down. . .
    I wrapped some plumber's putty on the stylus "hook". It gets a bit dirty, but it works.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Haven't had this problem with the Treo; then again, I use the pen/stylus that mgauss mentioned.

I did have this problem with my last PDA (a Sony Clie T615), and similar to palgal's suggestion, I wrapped a small piece of Scotch tape around the stylus, just below the tab at the top. Worked like a charm.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast