Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree this is a problem. I bought Databk5 ... based on all the recommendations and then found it lacking in this simple, but very important feature. I have downloaded TMP ... and from I see I like....its simple and too the point (and it supports location).
  2.    #22  
    There is some confusion here. TMP has a nice UI, but it does not support long locations - it only shows the first 20 characters or so, which is no good for the kinds of long corporate locations discussed here. This is the same limit as the standard Palm calendar application. It is 2day from ShSh software that fully displays locations up to their full 255 characters if necessary! To get this full capability use version 1.31 (10p) or later from the ShSh Beta Site. 2day also makes it very easy to use the 5-Way to move through numbers in the location and dial them with one click, and as explained below you can dial from conference bridge numbers directly using TAKEphONE capabilities if you use this too.

I have actually uninstalled Agandus now and I am back to trialing DateBk5, even though it has no support whatsoever for the new Location field (which is just bizzare at this late stage of the Treo and PalmOS 5 evolution). Since I can now reach Locations easily through 2day, I have the luxury of experimenting with what I think is a better calendar application. Agendus seems slow and buggy (it's crazy that you are recommended to turn of its alarm handling) and the company seems to have lost touch with good customer service. If I am going to spend time messing with all this Treo software, then it seems to me I should focus on authors who produce really good quality software - like CESD/Pimlico (DateBk5) and Shimon Shnitzer (TAKEphONE, 2day). I live in hope that CESD will get around to Locations sometime soon in DateBk5......
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    If you select the Location field from the details screen, then Select All (Menu S) and Copy (Menu C) you can get all of the data from the location field. You'd probably have to paste it somewhere else to send to the phone app, but it's better than nothing.
    Thanks geneld, I found this strange "workaround" too but since it takes such an effort to paste somewhere else and then dig out the numbers, it did not represent the end of my saga - which is something that was faster and cleaner than what I did everyday on my old Samsung ! 2day is that much better solution right now.
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12