1.    #1  
    Can i get a 650 the that will work on the Verizon Wireless network, im living in NY, I have herd that verizon will be getting it soon is there a way to get early
    Yes. I'm using a Treo 650 on Verizon. I converted a Sprint Treo 650 to do so.

I'm not sure when a Verizon branded Treo 650 is coming out. There has been speculation ranging from next month to never.
  3.    #3  
    thank you for your response, how hard was it to convert and is there a location to teach me step by step instructions to do
  5.    #5  
    did u convert yours or did you buy it online if so how much and where, as the one link was somewhat usefull but falls a lttle shoor. the other web link didn't work
  6.    #6  
    the site is up now
    I converted it myself and have also been converting for others. If you're interested PM me.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by FINEST
    the site is up now
  8.    #8  
    i am not that talented when it comes this type of coversions, so any help would be greatly appreciated, whatwould i have to do to contact you and have you covert it for me how much?
    I converted a Sprint to Verizon by getting a cable on ebay and following the software directions... not hard... works great
    Good to know we Sprint customers have this option in case we ever want to jump ship .
    This is my first post. I was about to purchase a 600 last year but a 600 owner old me to wait for the 650. I waited and waited for Verizon and so far as you know nothing. I tried after reading so many threads on here to just call verizon myself. I spoke with a lovely lady who told me after checking with two separate departments that Verizon is definately NOT going to carry the treo 650. She did however say that the reason was because they have other PDA options in the making for the future. I will wait one more month then convert a sprint to verizon. I live in NYC and verizon is the only good option.
    Guys/Girls-

Just as a tip. If you're converting Sprint Treos to work on Verizon's network it is much easier to use a serial cable (provided your computer has a serial port) than a USB one. There are no driver issues with serial ports and the process is really quite simple. However, if you do intend to do the converion yourself make sure you are deliberate and extremely careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgtrnr
    This is my first post. I was about to purchase a 600 last year but a 600 owner old me to wait for the 650. I waited and waited for Verizon and so far as you know nothing. I tried after reading so many threads on here to just call verizon myself. I spoke with a lovely lady who told me after checking with two separate departments that Verizon is definately NOT going to carry the treo 650. She did however say that the reason was because they have other PDA options in the making for the future. I will wait one more month then convert a sprint to verizon. I live in NYC and verizon is the only good option.
    We have a business account with 4 treo 600's on the plan, and my 600 has been acting funny to the point that my rep suggested that they replace the phone. He said that if I could wait 30 to 60 days, I could get a 650. This was about the middle of Feburary.
  14.    #14  
    i got mine from Palm one in 2 days i am having it converted soon i hope
  15. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    If one converts a Sprint 650, newly purchased, then has someone like Illustrious convert it for them, will the conversion survive a hard reset? Does one install Palmone's carkit update, before or after the conversion? If the device is hard reset, can the carkit update then be reinstalled? How about Shadowmite's rom update(s)? Are those done independently of the carkit update or is the carkit update included in Shadow's rom updates? Also, will the conversion survive future pallm and/or shadow udpates?

Sorry to be so confused and thanks much,

Sam
    Yes, the conversion "survives" a hard reset. I have Shadowmite's ROM #5 and conducted a hard reset on my device. The original Versamail, Sprint BC, etc. icons did appear in Favorites and I just deleted them. Since the apps are not in the ROM anymore the icons are gone forever once they're deleted. It's a quick, less than 30 second process, to delete the icons. Then you're home free.

You will need to re-enter your Express Network info in Network Preferences and, I'm assuming, any BT profiles, etc. Again, this is a fairly simple process.

Main thing is that the ROM and (Verizon) programming are intact.

Cheers!
  17. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    How do I then deal with updates on Palmone's site? The recent carkit updated, for example. Do I need to wait until Shadowmite integrates these in to his ROMs?

Thanks much,

sj