Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I have the "DatavizTech" app that moves all the docs-to-go software between RAM and a card.

    For some reason when I use it to move applications to the card, it takes the LexSpell database with it. This means that LexSpell will no longer work. If you try to spell check you get a "No Lexicon module could be found" error.

    If I use the app to move docs-to-go back to RAM, it brings the Lexspell database with it and LexSpell works again.

    Has anyone else noticed this problem?

    Is there a way, with zlauncher perhaps, to specify that the Lexspell database should never be moved out of RAM?

  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I have the "DatavizTech" app that moves all the docs-to-go software between RAM and a card.

    For some reason when I use it to move applications to the card, it takes the LexSpell database with it. This means that LexSpell will no longer work. If you try to spell check you get a "No Lexicon module could be found" error.

    If I use the app to move docs-to-go back to RAM, it brings the Lexspell database with it and LexSpell works again.

    Has anyone else noticed this problem?

    Is there a way, with zlauncher perhaps, to specify that the Lexspell database should never be moved out of RAM?

    I remember reading about LexSpell and Docs to Go sharing the same files on the LexSpell site. That's why I avoided using LexSpell.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #3  
    Actually I have both of them and they are working properly on my device. In the Dataviz Tech tool you can go to an advanced mode and move back the shared databases to RAM and leave the rest of the Docs to Go files on the SD card.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    Actually I have both of them and they are working properly on my device. In the Dataviz Tech tool you can go to an advanced mode and move back the shared databases to RAM and leave the rest of the Docs to Go files on the SD card.
    Thanks for the info, I just moved the lexspell files over and it works fine. However if I do use docs-to-go and then use the dataviz tool to move it all to the card again, will I have to go back and manually move the lexspell files over?

    Since I use doc-to-go so infrequently that might be o.k. but is still an ackward solution.
  5. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #5  
    In the situation you mentioned I think that you will. However, on my device I have left the items common to both programs in RAM and the rest of the Docs2Go items are on my SD card. I have not had to move any items using the Tech Tool (unless upgrading Docs2Go to a new version) and both programs seem to function normally.

    Keith
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    In the situation you mentioned I think that you will. However, on my device I have left the items common to both programs in RAM and the rest of the Docs2Go items are on my SD card. I have not had to move any items using the Tech Tool (unless upgrading Docs2Go to a new version) and both programs seem to function normally.

    Keith
    O.K. thanks for the info. So which files are the common ones? It seemed to me that LexSpell had its own files which are what I manually moved back to RAM to get it to work.
  7. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #7  
    Atif,

    I am totally sorry...I forgot to relpy to your question and I just remembered now. Hopefully you have figured this out by now, but in the spirit of "better late than never" here are the files I kept on the Handheld:

    DocsToGo
    DXTGAttachmentP...
    DXTGMailPlugin
    English_Am.lex
    English_Am.lex.usr
    LexLib

    The rest of the available files are on the SD card. Hopefully this helps if you did not already have it, and sorry again for the late response.

    Keith
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    Atif,

    I am totally sorry...I forgot to relpy to your question and I just remembered now. Hopefully you have figured this out by now, but in the spirit of "better late than never" here are the files I kept on the Handheld:

    DocsToGo
    DXTGAttachmentP...
    DXTGMailPlugin
    English_Am.lex
    English_Am.lex.usr
    LexLib

    The rest of the available files are on the SD card. Hopefully this helps if you did not already have it, and sorry again for the late response.

    Keith
    Wow thanks for the info! My lame solution was to un-install LexSpell, use the tool to move everything to card, and then reinstall LexSpell. I SO rarely use docs-to-go (maybe twice since I got my phone back in November) that this has been a decent solution. However knowing the files is MUCH more elegant!

  9. #9  
    I have the Professional version of Docs To go 7 (T650 CDROM) and am thinking about the upgrade to the Premium edition (actually won a copy!)
    But by reading the above posts, it looks like too much of a headache!

    ...Especially for future Treo upgrades down the road: How do you get the Docs to go RAM files to hook up/synch with the SD card stuff?

    Is there a way to install a third-party spell app and make that work with Docs To go 7 Premium...or am I SOL?
    ###

Posting Permissions