Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Who removed the knome post? That was hilarious... and harmless enough.
    Sorry if I offended anyone with the gnome. I didnt think it was offensive but apparantly I was wrong. People on this site insinuate curse words using stars and exclamation points but I guess that's okay. I love this site and it has been extremely informative so I apologize if I offended anyone. So everyone here can kiss my A**. just kidding
    LOL, no I thought it was non-offensive and funny as hell.

I'm going to start a petition drive: BRING BACK THE GNOME!
    Here he is. Back by popular demand. The Gnome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's my crack. I droppped it once. Didn't notice any damage and forgot about it. Then one day, I noticed the crack. Don't know what I should do now. It really doesn't affect the phone, just anyoning to look @.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    This thread has goatse written all over it...

At any rate, the only person here with stress cracks is Tundy, since the stress of his Treo has obviously cracked him up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I noticed the same thing a few days ago. Where your Sprint logo is mine is cracked up and down instead of sideways like yours.My 650 is a few days shy of two months old. I've been getting the run around from Treo and Cingular. Each one saying the other should replace it. Its been babied with screen protector Treo $30.case etc. I've had 5 cell phones over almost 15 years. This is the first one not from Motorola. There were two that stopped working but they were replaced and never any cracked. And there were some pretty serious drops, accidental kicks, etc.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 2nd Nature
    Here's my crack. I droppped it once. Didn't notice any damage and forgot about it. Then one day, I noticed the crack. Don't know what I should do now. It really doesn't affect the phone, just anyoning to look @.
    Hi DJ, just wondering if you have discovered any solutions for the crack your 650 developed? Just a few nights ago I discovered a crack on my 650 similar to yours, although mine is on the lower left side. I'm primarily concerned with the crack spreading. Has yours spread or caused any problems? I've never dropped the phone or abused it in any way.
    weird, i got no stress crack, tho i did dropped my treo 650 about 3 weeks ago....from waist height.
    some scratches...thats all...

bought my treo in...well, i forgot, when was it, when palmone finally selling it on their site?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Just don't get it. I have banged mine up pretty good, 600 and 650 and nothing has ever happened. Looks like you took a pair of vise grips to it.
    Are you are using a case with a snap closure or one that requires some pressure to snap it onto a belt clip?

Could this be a possible commonality?

EDIT: Just went back and re-read the thread... Coyote in post 13 mentioned it might be the case.
    Last edited by Big_OTR_Fan; 06/16/2005 at 08:09 AM.
    I actually have one right under the screen in the right hand corner. Mine developed overnight and I don't use a case nor have I dropped it - I do keep it on the window sill at night. The crack happened a few months ago - maybe it has something to do with expanding and contracting due to temperature variances? I have an unlocked 650.

Shy
    i dropped mine a full floor down a concrete fire/emergency stairwell - no case or cover! sure, i was scared s#@tless walking down to pick it up. battery cover and battery scattered but only the slightest scratch on the corner. i was sooooo happy. (put the battery back in and no problems - only later did i realize the stylus went flying too, which i never found back).
    i agree with the vise-grips comment...
    I have a similar kind of thing with a Cingular 650, a crack and part that peeled off. I think its only the metallic paint or whatever they used thats cracked, not the plastic itself. I got mine when my Treo liked to make a habit of vibrating itself off tables when it rang.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shy dawg
    I actually have one right under the screen in the right hand corner. Mine developed overnight and I don't use a case nor have I dropped it - I do keep it on the window sill at night. The crack happened a few months ago - maybe it has something to do with expanding and contracting due to temperature variances? I have an unlocked 650.

Shy
    My crack (lower left side of screen) seemed to appear overnight as well. I use a skin on the phone (not tight at all) , have never dropped it, and charge it on my kithchen table at night. I usually do not carry the phone in my pocket, but set it down to use or while on standby (with BT headset). Poor Treo
    My Treo had stress cracks within a month of purchasing it. It didn't bother me until last night when it cracked all the way through. How can I get this fixed??? I have spent litertly, all day (from noon to 4) on the phone with Sprint, Sprint Stores, Palm One and Lockline. No one will send me a replacement part. Lockline only replaces phones that have lost functionality. I'm thinking about "accidently dropping it in the pool" so Lock Line will replace it.

http://jasonhilton.us/v-web/gallery/...2129.sized.jpg
    I finally just said screw it, and glued it back together. I can see how the stress cracks formed. The plastic was not designed correctly, and was not shaped to follow the contour of the Treo its self. It was not possible to get the sides to stick down.

Pictures (too many to post, 56k Warned):

http://jasonhilton.us/v-web/gallery/cracks
    The little oval piece of plastic on the upper front of the phone next to the light has cracked in half with the left half now missing and the right half off. I can see into the phone through the window and see an oval piece of plastic with four small (2-3mm) circles within it. Sprint level two tech support (TS)told me to go to a Sprint store were they may be of help. I asked TS if I could just purchase the little clip and they said no. I may just put a piece of tape over it for now. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I placed clear tape over the oval defect and could no longer hear calls on the handset well. I have since removed half the tape and can hear ok. Looks like...
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I feel for you.. if this was my Treo.. I would cry...
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast