Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would anybody be interested in seeing a demonstration of GoodLink? I can connect my device using PDAReach and show real-time and demonstrate via WebEx and set up a conference call for questions. This would be strictly to see the product in action and more targetted towards people that don't currently have GoodLink and want to learn more about it, but anyone would be welcome to attend. Chances are I would schedule it after 7:00 PM Eastern during the week or sometime on the weekend.

Let me know if you would be interested and if there is enough interest, I will go ahead and schedule it.
  2. agi
    I would be interested. Seems like noone else is though
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    What's it do?
  4.    #4  
    Jacob...

GoodLink is an application tht allows real-time synchronization between MS Exchange and handhelds such as the Treo.
    These guys are really pushing this product hard, they even called me trying to sell me on it. Nice, but not for me though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Yes, I would be interested. What does Goodlink offer me that PylonAnywhere doesn't? I have been using this for about a week now and very impressed. I use it in conjunction with Chatter for email. In my mind there isn't a better email app than chatter.
  7.    #7  
    Pylon is a direct resell of the intellisync solution. One key difference is GoodLink uses about 16X less bandwidth than Sync. The other, which may not apply to you, but will to your IT group, is the installation and management is much less cumbersome.
    GG - you might have a challenge getting someof the folks on this forum to understand the main difference btw user-based apps like Chatter, etc and a corporate, firewall app like Good. Based on the questions above, that is.
    Fellow forums users - you'd want to hop onto this type of webinar if your IT folks tell you:
    1) they only support the Blackberry server, and you and your Treo are just SOL.
    2) you can't leave your PC on to 'redirect' email to your Treo any more.
    3) you need to get rid of that Treo and get the dreaded Blackberry.

Good is an alternative to the Blackberry server, and one which supports industry standard devices like the Treo (among others). Their main message is that BB is a proprietary solution, and Good isn't.
  9.    #9  
    nrosser...

Thanks! You make a very valid point.
    I would really like to see this demo and soon if possible. I am trying pylon with right now on a trial and going to give feedback to my IT dept. before we implement anything.

Please also explain what you mean by 16x less bandwith. Are you refering to battery life?

Does the Good email app allow me to check my other email accounts and send from one of them as an alias? This is something Syncmail doesn't offer and another reason why I am an avid Chatter fan.
    We're currently running Novell Groupwise with NotifyLink. HOWEVER, just recently I was notified that we'll be moving off of Notify and to a BlackBerry system which integrates with Groupwise. This is something completely new and ROCKS my world since there is no BB client for Palm OS

What recourse do I have with Groupwise 6.5?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkap
    I would really like to see this demo and soon if possible. I am trying pylon with right now on a trial and going to give feedback to my IT dept. before we implement anything.

Please also explain what you mean by 16x less bandwith. Are you refering to battery life?

Does the Good email app allow me to check my other email accounts and send from one of them as an alias? This is something Syncmail doesn't offer and another reason why I am an avid Chatter fan.
    As it relates to bandwidth, yes, this has a direct affect on battery life. The other concern is that by using more bandwidth, it takes more time to sync, therefore phone calls will go directly to voicemail.

In regards to other email accounts, no. GoodLink only syncs with the Exchange mailbox it is mapped to. You can user other apps to access IMAP and POP3 email accounts.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    We're currently running Novell Groupwise with NotifyLink. HOWEVER, just recently I was notified that we'll be moving off of Notify and to a BlackBerry system which integrates with Groupwise. This is something completely new and ROCKS my world since there is no BB client for Palm OS

Ouch. Unfortunately, GoodLink doesn't support Groupwise yet. BB has that market pretty tight right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous

I also manage a midsize GroupWise system (200+ users). If only Goodlink supported GroupWise...sigh.

The Blackberry Enterprise for GroupWise option is a brand new product. I wouldn't say blackberry has that market "tight" yet since they just came out with the product. I guess Goodlink is conceding the GroupWise market to Blackberry. Maybe that plus blackberry for palm will finally create a real push e-mail solution for groupwise to the treo.
    Notify's solution for Groupwise has been what most large enterprises use for remote email access to the Groupwise server. Blackberry had historically partnered with a company called Consilient to deliver a very clunky solution for GW (in reality, that solution just hid an Exchange server under the covers - the BES would connect to the hidden Exchange server, and that Xchng would somehow connect to the Groupwise). What I think BB has done now is removed that Exchange server, that no one knew was there as part of that Consilient solution, and can now connect right to Groupwise. Again, since it's so new, and I don't ever trust what RIM says, I'd have to see it working to believe it. It might just be more smoke & mirrors from the RIM boys...
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Notify's solution for Groupwise has been what most large enterprises use for remote email access to the Groupwise server. Blackberry had historically partnered with a company called Consilient to deliver a very clunky solution for GW (in reality, that solution just hid an Exchange server under the covers - the BES would connect to the hidden Exchange server, and that Xchng would somehow connect to the Groupwise). What I think BB has done now is removed that Exchange server, that no one knew was there as part of that Consilient solution, and can now connect right to Groupwise. Again, since it's so new, and I don't ever trust what RIM says, I'd have to see it working to believe it. It might just be more smoke & mirrors from the RIM boys...
    I've had a presentation the BB Enterprise Server for GroupWise. It seems to be a "real" product with possibilities. I'd like to see the BB for palm peice soon though. I don't want to have to give up my treo for a blackberry.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I would be interested. Right now my comany is testing 20 Goodlink licenses vs. Business Connect (I am not part of the test). One of our testers told me today that BC is ghetto compared to Goodlink.
  18.    #18  
    LOL! Ghetto? Classic. The user interface for GL is vastly superior for the end-user experience. I have had Sprint reps push GL over BCE several times because they know it is a better solution.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Here's another question. I know that there are compatibility issues or should I say conflicts between Goodlink and VoiceDialing by VoiceSignal. Do you know if any tweaks are in the works (for either software) so that these two apps can be used on the same device?
    I would love to look at GoodLink, but unfortunately I work at a Fortune 5 firm which is solidly in the Blackberry camp. There's no way I would be able to get IT to support anything else.

Right now I'm using Seven's beta. Is there any hope for a GoodLink desktop redirector? I can't imagine I'm alone in this request.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast