Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Kroy...

We have 6 of the Fortune 10 as customers. We are not looking to completely displace BES installations, but rather work alongside them for users that want a better solution as it relates to device choice and functionality. Once your IT people see the ease of installation, management and deployment of GoodLink over Blackberry, I would bet they would fight to roll out GoodLink over BB. I fight the BB battle everyday and once GoodLink gets in their hands, we win. Always.

As it relates to desktop redirector, rumor has it one is in the works, but I have absolutely nothing solid, strictly water cooler talk.
  2.    #22  
    tcatnat..

The only option I know of right now is to do the hack that allows access to both the Palm contacts and Good contacts to allow VoiceDialing to access the Palm contacts.
    Good,
    I work for a Fortune 50 company who uses Goodlink and BB (with Exchange Server) for mobile email, etc. A majority of users have BBs, but I currently use Goodlink (3.8.0.18) with my Treo 650 SPCS. Here's some feedback for you and other who are interested in some user experience feedback...

Major complaints...
    - BB offers Directory Lookup so you can very easily lookup any phone number this is in the server directory. GL does not do this right now and the only way I can look up a phone number that is not currently in my contacts is if that person has sent me an email.

- Although you can download and view attachements sent to you (assuming the file size is smaller than the max allowed download size), you can not attach documents to new emails.

- When you forward an email, you can not edit any of the email text of the forwarded message; you can only edit the new text you are adding.
    I don't get this one at all.

- Would like the capability to send a meeting request (Outlook) from the Treo. I receive requests through GL which are automatically added to my calendar, but their have been times where I would like to send a meeting request from my Treo.

Effect on Battery
    - Having GL running all the time (which I do- syncing emails, contacts, calender, etc.) definitely affects the battery life. Combine GL over-the- air-syncing and using my phone ~1 hour a day on average and I get ~1 day of total battery life. This is not an issue with me as I do a complete recharge every night and use a car charger when in my car. Just something you have to be aware of.

Now onto some nice-to-have features....
    - I can't seem to get my signature automatically attached to any emails I forward or reply to. I have the "Append Signature" otion checked in "Email Options". This is an annoyance that I hope is fixed soon.

- The GL Contacts and Calendar are pretty spartan (similar to Palm's built in contact and calendar). Would like a few more features in the Contacts (Birthday that is synced to the calendar and the ability to assign different colors to calendar events (like Outlook) being my main requests).

- Would also like the email inbox to allow different colors for different "from" recipients and the ability to filter on them. This would help greatly in filtering through the emails on a small screen.

Overall, I have really liked the Good software/Treo650 combo. You;ve got a really good (no pun intended) product that can be great with some added functionality.

Thanks
    ScottCo
    Palm -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony Clie -> IPaq h1900 -> Treo 650 SPCS
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottco
    Good,
    Major complaints...
    - BB offers Directory Lookup so you can very easily lookup any phone number this is in the server directory. GL does not do this right now and the only way I can look up a phone number that is not currently in my contacts is if that person has sent me an email.
    Public contact folders will allow this functionality. Very easy to implement and provides the exact need you are speaking of.

- Although you can download and view attachements sent to you (assuming the file size is smaller than the max allowed download size), you can not attach documents to new emails.
    Nor can you do this with Blackberry or any other corporate solution. Snapper offers this ability, though not a player in the enterprise space. We should have the ability to add attachments to outgoing mail from the device within the next 3-4 months

- When you forward an email, you can not edit any of the email text of the forwarded message; you can only edit the new text you are adding.
    I don't get this one at all.
    Wow...never knew that as I have never had to edit a forwarded email. Will add this to my weekly list of feature requests.

- Would like the capability to send a meeting request (Outlook) from the Treo. I receive requests through GL which are automatically added to my calendar, but their have been times where I would like to send a meeting request from my Treo.
    You can send meeting requests through the Treo. Are you referring to scheduling an appointment in your calendar and inviting others? If not, what are you referring to?

Effect on Battery
    - Having GL running all the time (which I do- syncing emails, contacts, calender, etc.) definitely affects the battery life. Combine GL over-the- air-syncing and using my phone ~1 hour a day on average and I get ~1 day of total battery life. This is not an issue with me as I do a complete recharge every night and use a car charger when in my car. Just something you have to be aware of.
    Agreed. We are working on some things to help improve battery life, for future releases.

Now onto some nice-to-have features....
    - I can't seem to get my signature automatically attached to any emails I forward or reply to. I have the "Append Signature" otion checked in "Email Options". This is an annoyance that I hope is fixed soon.
    Signature is only appended on new emails. Added your request.

- The GL Contacts and Calendar are pretty spartan (similar to Palm's built in contact and calendar). Would like a few more features in the Contacts (Birthday that is synced to the calendar and the ability to assign different colors to calendar events (like Outlook) being my main requests).
    I think 'spartan' is a bit harsh , but your point is taken. We are working on calendar improvements.

- Would also like the email inbox to allow different colors for different "from" recipients and the ability to filter on them. This would help greatly in filtering through the emails on a small screen.
    Very good idea.

Overall, I have really liked the Good software/Treo650 combo. You;ve got a really good (no pun intended) product that can be great with some added functionality.

Thanks
    Thanks for your support and I would recommend you go ahead and move to v4.0. Even if your server is not running 4, you can on your 650. Full High-Res on the 650 is gorgeous.
    Good,
    Thanks for the feebdack. I found the other Good thread where I should have put my feedback.

Based on what I've read, I tried to upgrade to 4.0, but had installation problems. I put in the following support request and am waiting on a response.

Request Summary: GL 4.0 Installation problem

Description:

When I try to upgrade my treo 650 to GL 4.0 using Goodlink Desktop 4.0 s/w (dowloaded from Good web), I get a "Failed to get the FIPS policy from the device" message and the installation stops. My steps are:

1. Start Goodlink Desktop S/W
    2. Hit Hotsync on device when asked by installtion
    3. Treo 650 syncs, resets, and turns back on
    4. I choose Upgrade handheld sofware option
    5. The GL installation finds the "MS Exchange Settings" profile (the only one it finds) 6. I choose "Next"
    7. Within 2 seconds, The GL desktop installer gives a pop up window that says- "Failed to get the FIPS policy from the device".
    8. I click "OK" (the only option) and the installation program ends.

I have restarted my PC and reset the Treo but always get the same message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ScottCo
    Palm -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony Clie -> IPaq h1900 -> Treo 650 SPCS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12