Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I only use chatter for the IM functionality. What is the latest version with that (It looks like it was taken out in 1.0.3)?
    I'm thinking 1.0.3rc1 was the last one.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I'm thinking 1.0.3rc1 was the last one.

Marc

Any way I can get that version? I accidentally upgraded to 1.0.4b9, and I miss my IM

Re-Edit: Ok, reinstating my request for 1.0.3rc1. I've read the release notes for 1.0.3.1, which state that IM functionality might be put back into a future beta. Please let this be the case. I'm off to find the most recent version of Chatter I have on my PC (pre 1.0.3.1), but I fear it is probably pretty old, since I usually download straight to my phone.
    Last edited by guessed; 03/12/2005 at 03:04 PM.
    Another vote for putting IM back in Marc. Chatter is great, but when it had IM it was awesome!

Dunc
    marc, thanx for the link. can anyone confirm that the IM does indeed work with this version? doesn't seem to work on mine. still get the error that "you must be connected to the im server" when I try to set up my IM accounts.

the last version I was using was 1.0.2.1 which was a release version. if I can get ahold of ANY stable 1.0.3.x version with the sd support, automatic smtp profile picker AND the IM then I will be a happy camper!!
    -- berto
    I just downgraded to 103rc1, but I still don't have IM. I get the standard "Either the data connection is down, or the IM server is not connected." The connection is up though, I'm getting email just fine in Chatter.

Dunc
    Thank you for providing the link to 1.0.3rc1, but I am having the same issue with it as the others, no IM.
    Marc - I don't think 1.03rc1 is an acceptable solution for those of us who need IM. IM doesn't appear to actually work, and I can't send anything - messages just queue up and I see the CNCT indicator in the lower right.

Dunc
    Hmm... I need to check it out, then.

Marc
    please do marc, any variant of 1.0.3 would be awsome!! I feel like I'm missing the boat with all the great new features of the latest versions but I need IM more than POP right now.
    -- berto
    Err. My Vote is for time spent for goal of compact and stable -vs- added features. IMHO
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Marc - any update on a usable version w/ IM?

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Marc - any update on a usable version w/ IM?

Dunc

Bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by guessed
    Bump.
    Bump Bump.
    I don't know which one to post! If someone knows of the version #, I can post it!

Marc
    I remember you giving me 1.0.3, then I had to put in the console Chatter Classic or something like it, and it worked.
    I too miss the "chatter" part of "ChatterEmail". Here's my vote for returning IM.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I think if someone who has a working copy of Chatter EMail lets him know which version is working, he'll let you have a copy. In the meantime, I think he's made it clear he's working on putting IM back in.

On that note, I think the mere fact that he's willing to is WAY above and beyond what we've paid for. (Unfortunately, I'm using an old "1.0b" version for IM, so I can't be of much help in answering the question)

Anyway, I wanted to give MAJOR kudos to Marc for his continued support for those of us who love his ChatterIM service!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I think if someone who has a working copy of Chatter EMail lets him know which version is working, he'll let you have a copy. In the meantime, I think he's made it clear he's working on putting IM back in.

On that note, I think the mere fact that he's willing to is WAY above and beyond what we've paid for. (Unfortunately, I'm using an old "1.0b" version for IM, so I can't be of much help in answering the question)

Anyway, I wanted to give MAJOR kudos to Marc for his continued support for those of us who love his ChatterIM service!
    I have learned with the upgrades and the possibility of IM disappearing to archive copies for backup purposes . I have version 1.0b15.13 which still supports the console command and IM's.

This version does not contain the smtp profile option (which I love for sending emails that look like they are from work).

If Marc doesnt mind, I can send the three files as a zipped file to those that want it.

BTW-I read an article over at MTDN and Marc said there are only about 100 people who have accounts through him for IM. Consider yourselves lucky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast