Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I had the same experience...I had to shutdown chatter and delete it. I am using ver 1.0.4.2 and I have about 4 resets a day spaced about 3 or 4 hours a part. (I never had any resets up until this point with any released versions of chatter-not including betas). I am going to reinstall and try again.
    Your lucky, Mine was just resetting over and over and over again looping til i stopped it... no fun... And i don't want to pay my Verichat If this is avalible
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    the latest beta of chatter (b31) is very stable. it adds "nudging" without turning on the screen and new email address lookups from your contacts (haven't tried this feature yet.) this version hasn't crashed on me yet. marc put up a newer chatterIM file:

http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/ChatterIM.prc

dated 04/11. I'm not sure at which version this newer file was required but it caused some problems for some people before using the newer IM file. I don't believe this newer file was ever in the beta announcements. I'd suggest giving the latest beta and IM file a try!!
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    the latest beta of chatter (b31) is very stable. it adds "nudging" without turning on the screen and new email address lookups from your contacts (haven't tried this feature yet.) this version hasn't crashed on me yet. marc put up a newer chatterIM file:

http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/ChatterIM.prc

dated 04/11. I'm not sure at which version this newer file was required but it caused some problems for some people before using the newer IM file. I don't believe this newer file was ever in the beta announcements. I'd suggest giving the latest beta and IM file a try!!
    Thanks for that tip! I downloaded the newest beta and the reset problem is gone (atleast the constant resets are gone). But here is a newbie-ish question... how do I use Chatter IM? I got the PRC installed but idk how to pull up the buddy list or send an IM... pls help me. (btw i do have a chatter account and password.)

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Timmay-you have to already have an IM acct w/Marc (not just a chatter email account). Marc isn't creating any more IM accts.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

do you have any contacts set-up? as long as chatterIM is installed, you should have all of the menus that used to be envoked by the "chatter classic" console command. make sure chatterIM.prc is installed, go to Sys->IM Server to set up your chat preferences and chatterIM login information. then setup your services (AOL, Yahoo, etc) by going to Sys->AIM Setup / Yahoo Setup / etc. if you have old contacts setup from a previous installations (contactnameChatterDB will be the filenames for any contacts previously setup,) or you can go to the "IMbox" mailbox. from there you can hit the menu key and choose Box->New Contact to create a new contact. then chat away!!

btw, marc moves fast. b32 is now out and there is what appears to be a newer chatterIM.prc file sitting at the link I posted above.
    -- berto
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123