Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    BTW-I read an article over at MTDN and Marc said there are only about 100 people who have accounts through him for IM. Consider yourselves lucky
    Proud to be one of them lucky ones...
    "The newest versions of ChatterEmail don't have IM support (I was running low on memory in the app), and that has been problematic for some of my old users. I'm going to try to bring it back for them, but it's hard to do. I haven't given out new IM accounts in nine months now, so we're talking about a relatively small group of people (I'd guess less than a hundred left at this point). "

Here is a link to the interview: http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000416.php

Mahootzki: we are lucky.
    1.0.2 release is the one I was using with full IM.
    I uploaded a new beta that possibly has IM support working again.

Marc
    Marc - I downloaded 1.0.5b4 and it (knock on wood) seems to be working like a charm with IM. Let me be one of the first to say it is truly wonderful to have Chatter back to it's formal multifunctioned glory!

Dunc
    Well, I'm sorry it took so long. I spent an entire day (Thursday) moving things around in memory so that it could work again. I don't anticipate that it will be a problem keeping IM in the future, because the memory footprint is really tiny now.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Well, I'm sorry it took so long. I spent an entire day (Thursday) moving things around in memory so that it could work again. I don't anticipate that it will be a problem keeping IM in the future, because the memory footprint is really tiny now.
    that is awsome news marc!! hope the IM side will eventually have the polish that the email side has. nice to know you're still thinking about us IM users. even though we now seem to be a small group, I believe we are the earliest and most loyal adopters of chatter when email was just an "extra" feature, great job sir!!
    -- berto
    IM is great, love it. A few small feature requests: 1) treo 5-way button to work in IM -- it doesn't in mine and 2) some sort of one key access to cycle, etc. between contacts because if you have a lot, they are all the way at the bottom of the list and it can be quite an issue to get to them.
    Tap the rocker-center and 5-way should work...

Marc
    Any chance of making IM avaliable to other customers (outside of the existing 100 or so IM accounts)?
    eric - No, I don't think there's any chance of that. I can't support it.

Marc
    I don't want to tick you off, as I'm "happy as a clam" now that IM is running again. But in others' defence, any chance of allowing other jabber servers?

Dunc
    The facility exists to specify the jabber server, but Chatter won't work with most of them (which require authorization schemes that i don't support).

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    eric - No, I don't think there's any chance of that. I can't support it.

Marc
    Does this mean that those of us without existing accounts should not bother downloading and installing the ChatterIM.prc file because it only works with your servers? If there are other ways to use this reinstated feature, is there any guidance on your website how to use it? Thanks for any clarification.
    Marc should clarify but my understanding is that if you don't have an account for IM with Marc, then you dont need to install the ChatterIM.prc file. If you go to www.Chatteremail.com, Marc has posted some answers to some of your questions.
    That's right; if you don't already have an account, there's no point in downloading ChatterIM.prc.

Marc
    There's no new IM piece with 5b8 - do we keep using the 5b4 IM piece?

Dunc
    Yes, I don't expect it will change very much.

Marc
    well installing the ChatterIM.prc turns my Treo 650 into a resetting machine... I would like to hope you can work on this a little Marc but i relize that IM is very low on your list of priorities...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I had the same experience...I had to shutdown chatter and delete it. I am using ver 1.0.4.2 and I have about 4 resets a day spaced about 3 or 4 hours a part. (I never had any resets up until this point with any released versions of chatter-not including betas). I am going to reinstall and try again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast