1.    #1  
    Is there a program that allows this on the Treo 650? I can't believe the OS doesn't natively allow this, kind of frustrating...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Shouldn't the OS allow that? Maybe the program you are cutting from or the program you are pasting to doesn't allow it. I can always cut and paste in different apps.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    I can copy and paste into different apps. What is it that you are trying to do?

I do use TealScript, so I select some text, do a command stroke, and choose the Copy command from the menu, and then go to the other app, do another command stroked, choose the clipboard icon (paste), and voila!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Same Here... No Tealscript.
    I also copy and past between apps all the time using the copy/paste commands from the menu. Never had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    Is there a program that allows this on the Treo 650? I can't believe the OS doesn't natively allow this, kind of frustrating...
    Try FieldPlus.

It works with the 5-way.

It can be used from any app.

It has lots of features.

IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I can copy and paste into different apps. What is it that you are trying to do?

I do use TealScript, so I select some text, do a command stroke, and choose the Copy command from the menu, and then go to the other app, do another command stroked, choose the clipboard icon (paste), and voila!
    Sorry my first palm device. What's a command stroke?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRohde
    Try FieldPlus.

It works with the 5-way.

It can be used from any app.

It has lots of features.

IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

To answer the above questions, it seems you are only able to cut/paste when you have the option provided to you via the "Edit" menu, if you are unable to access the edit menu but can still select text (ex: call log, and click on a call you are able to select the #) but not copy/paste it...yes there's other ways to do it but I think you should be able to copy/paste any selectable text..
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    also look at ClipPro
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    SoufSidah09
    Maybe this is simpler than what you meant, but I use the Menu button for pasting:

Highlight your text to be copied with the stylus.
    Hold the Menu button and press "x" or "c".
    Move to a different place or new application and place your cursor where you want text.
    Hold the Menu button again and press "p".
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Sorry my first palm device. What's a command stroke?
    A command stroke is a character you draw on the screen with your stylus (a diagonal line from the bottom left of the screen to the top right) which bring up the command menu (a line of options at the bottom of the screen) which includes Cut, Copy and Paste. This works on Palm devices with Grafitti. The Treo, by default, does not support Grafitti, but it does have the Grafitti libraries. So, with a program like Grafitti Anywhere or Tealscript you can draw a command stroke and access that menu in any app.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Thanks!

To answer the above questions, it seems you are only able to cut/paste when you have the option provided to you via the "Edit" menu, if you are unable to access the edit menu but can still select text (ex: call log, and click on a call you are able to select the #) but not copy/paste it...yes there's other ways to do it but I think you should be able to copy/paste any selectable text..
    I agree with you and I would encourage you to make a request to p1
    or a brick wall - let us know which one you have more success with.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Snap! Clip is tits.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeviceGuy
    SoufSidah09
    Maybe this is simpler than what you meant, but I use the Menu button for pasting:

Highlight your text to be copied with the stylus.
    Hold the Menu button and press "x" or "c".
    Move to a different place or new application and place your cursor where you want text.
    Hold the Menu button again and press "p".
    I know about this, re-read post #8...it doesn't allow you to copy/paste in ceratin places even though you can select the text...

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRohde
    I agree with you and I would encourage you to make a request to p1
    or a brick wall - let us know which one you have more success with.
    LOL

I think I would have better luck with the brick wall

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I use a program called ClipPro -- it lets you keep multiple items in your Treo's clipboard. You're also not limited to the short clips with ClipPro. More info at http://www.pocketscience.com.au. It's a terrific program.