Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. funsnail's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #21  
    Nothing to add to the topic... but I'm a S&W .357 myself.
  2. #22  
    Call the NRA and have them file a complaint with PalmOne. Treo's should not be sesitive to cigarette smoke or gun shots
  3. #23  
    When I take a few sticks of explosive to the pond to go fishing, my 650 is perfect. I got a few grenades from a buddy and this bad boy kilt more fish than any ole stick of TNT. Fire in the hole!
  4. #24  
    Mine froze up on my last drive-by. Weird.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    Wow. A lot of shooters are also Treo 650 owners. Someone should inform the PalmOne marketing department.
    Actually, someone should inform the engineers. Maybe they'll fix some of the problems faster then!

    "Hello there. Mr. SigSauer here would like to discuss the memory issue with you..."
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  6. #26  
    Is USA a great country, or what?

    Todd/Indy
    (ardent NRA/2nd Amendment supporter and owner of several legally licensed handguns)
  7. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    How to make the next Treo more robust to gun shot shockwaves...
    That's a great line. Try to say that 10 times fast.

    Honestly, can't you use a silencer? Would you put your best friend on that counter while you shot? Wouldn't he/she be frozen in fear too?

    Personally, I prefer beatings rather than shooting my Treo. Works like a charm.
  8. #28  
    9mm makes a pretty good boom and P loads are even louder. There could be a poor battery connection - clean of the battery and phone contacts (carefull).

    Another very remote possibility is the air quality. If the lead level is high in the carpets, lead dust could be kicked up and enter the phone causing intermittent shorting.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris

    Honestly, can't you use a silencer?
    Silencers are illegal in Thailand.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Fromage
    9mm makes a pretty good boom and P loads are even louder. There could be a poor battery connection - clean of the battery and phone contacts (carefull).

    Another very remote possibility is the air quality. If the lead level is high in the carpets, lead dust could be kicked up and enter the phone causing intermittent shorting.
    Shooting ranges are all open here in Thailand, usually with a roof to keep off rain but no walls. So I doubt if the issue is lead.

    More likely to be some type of loose connection that is jarred by the shockwave. Before I go the range next time, I'll clean the battery and SIM card contacts and see what happens.

    Regards
    Peter
  11. #31  
    No conflicts between my weapon & Treo 650. Man, this thread is weird!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
  12. #32  
    Glock .45 and S&W .357 at our house.

    But seriously, my brother has a Treo 600 that will disconnect calls when he gets in the car and slams the door. He frequently calls me when he leaves the office, and I thought it was odd that we often get disconnected. After a while we figured out the pattern and it was the door slamming that seems to do it.
  13. #33  
    This thread is starting to get that Ruby Ridge feel to it.
  14.    #34  
    Well, I think we can rule out my "Treo 650's do not like shooting ranges" theory. Today, I kept it on the table in front of me and fired 200 rounds within 3 feet of the phone. Not a problem, no freezes. Maybe a coincidence the first couple of times.

    Unless, that thorough cleaning of the SIM card contacts that I did yesterday made a difference...
    http://www.peterwalker.com
  15. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #35  
    I have not gone shooting with my Treo 650... but I have:
    Beretta 92fs 9mm ACP
    Walther PPK .380
    US Army 1911 .45 (yes, original!)
    Luftwaffe Luger 9mm from WWII
    Ruger .22 bull barrel target
    Iver Johnson Long barrel .22 (Grandfather used it to shoot wolves from a sleigh in Eastern Europe when he was stationed there)
    Smith & Wesson .22 (from late 1800s)
    Mauser Sniper Rifle
    Remington 16 gauge semi-auto shotgun

    Saving up for a Beretta Silver Pidgeon Over/Under 12 gauge, but the Treo 650 came first.

    Strange how so many Treo owners own guns, I'd have never guessed it.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide6
    This thread is starting to get that Ruby Ridge feel to it.
    Quick--everybody stop lovingly cradling their Treos!! Lon Horiuchi's bound to be lurking around here somewhere!
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
  17. SteveDu's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I have not gone shooting with my Treo 650... but I have:
    Beretta 92fs 9mm ACP
    Walther PPK .380
    US Army 1911 .45 (yes, original!)
    Luftwaffe Luger 9mm from WWII
    Ruger .22 bull barrel target
    Iver Johnson Long barrel .22 (Grandfather used it to shoot wolves from a sleigh in Eastern Europe when he was stationed there)
    Smith & Wesson .22 (from late 1800s)
    Mauser Sniper Rifle
    Remington 16 gauge semi-auto shotgun

    Saving up for a Beretta Silver Pidgeon Over/Under 12 gauge, but the Treo 650 came first.

    Strange how so many Treo owners own guns, I'd have never guessed it.
    LOL lovely collection
  18. #38  
    I've never had an issue with my Treo 650, when shooting my S&W .500 8 3/8"

    NOTHING can create a boom like that bad-boy can. As a matter of fact, I've used it quite often to record some videos of my brother-in-law and I shooting it and various objects (like a fire extinguisher) on my land.

    Feel free to take a look, actually produces some pretty good video too. http://torrent.stickit.nu/extinguisher

    http://torrent.stickit.nu/Extinguisher/1stPerson.3g2 is my favorite. I was holding the 500 in one had and the treo in the other

    Glad to see we have a good amount of shooters here, and, they're not afraid to speak up!

    http://torrent.stickit.nu/mypistols.jpg
    http://torrent.stickit.nu/Extinguish...021505_003.jpg
    Last edited by evilghost; 03/13/2005 at 02:31 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions