1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I have Docs to go on my Treo 600 and I use Power run to launch it. But when I looked though my Treo with Filez I saw that all the programs that docs uses (libraries, jpg veiwer, ect) were all still on my treo. Is there a way to move them to the SD card and still have docs know where it is?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Try the Tech Tool near the bottom of the page.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Try the Tech Tool near the bottom of the page.
    Attn: Insertion,

So once you move the info intially using the "Tool", I'm assuming you use the "Tool" each time after you've added a Word Doc, spreadsheet and PowerPoint to your Treo. Is that right? Al least that's what I get from the link you provided above.

Tks in Advance
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    the read me txt from powerrun states there are dificulties running "docs to go" from sd, might not function properly if at all.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    No, not at all. The tech tool will automatically move the files that it can to the sd card and then you're done with it. Then simply use DTG as normal.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Be nice if people would read the manuals. just stating the facts, don't believe me, read for you self. From Power Run manual, english:

1. Applications which may not be moved to Memory Card
    PalmOS enhancement type application (Hacks) may not be moved to the Memory Card (These tend to run under a hack manager such as Hackmaster or X-Master). PowerRUN tries to detect Hacks automatically and stops them from being moved to the Memory Card. However, there is a chance that PowerRUN may fail to detect a particular Hack, so please take care to avoid moving a Hack to the memory card.
    If an application fulfils either of the following two conditions, that application is likely to be a Hack, so please do not try to move it to the Memory Card.

Condition 1 The application may be used while running another application.
    Condition 2 A Enable/Disable or Activate/Deactivate menu choice exists in the application.

When an application is moved to the Memory Card, there will be some change in functionality (Exactly like the m50X series' built in function) as detailed below. If you do not like these changes, do not move the application to the Memory Card.

Hot Sync will not backup that application and its data
    Global find cannot find data in that application, except when the application is running
    Application alarms will not come up
    Application conduits will not work
    Following application cause problem when moved to Memory Card. Please use in internal memory.
    Fire Viewer
    Document To Go
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    Be nice if people would read the manuals. just stating the facts, don't believe me, read for you self. From Power Run manual, english:

1. Applications which may not be moved to Memory Card
    PalmOS enhancement type application (Hacks) may not be moved to the Memory Card (These tend to run under a hack manager such as Hackmaster or X-Master). PowerRUN tries to detect Hacks automatically and stops them from being moved to the Memory Card. However, there is a chance that PowerRUN may fail to detect a particular Hack, so please take care to avoid moving a Hack to the memory card.
    If an application fulfils either of the following two conditions, that application is likely to be a Hack, so please do not try to move it to the Memory Card.

Condition 1 The application may be used while running another application.
    Condition 2 A Enable/Disable or Activate/Deactivate menu choice exists in the application.

When an application is moved to the Memory Card, there will be some change in functionality (Exactly like the m50X series' built in function) as detailed below. If you do not like these changes, do not move the application to the Memory Card.

Hot Sync will not backup that application and its data
    Global find cannot find data in that application, except when the application is running
    Application alarms will not come up
    Application conduits will not work
    Following application cause problem when moved to Memory Card. Please use in internal memory.
    Fire Viewer
    Document To Go
    Neither Miller, nor I are talking about using PowerRun.
    Since your big on quoting manuals, this is from the Dataviz site, specifically the link I gave above:
    Documents To Go handheld applications can be installed to an expansion card using the following steps:

1. If your Documents To Go handheld applications are not already installed to your handheld then please continue with step #2. If they are already installed skipped to step #9.
    2. Open Documents To Go on the desktop computer.
    3. Then select the "Help" menu at the top.
    4. Select "Re-install Handheld Applications".
    5. Make sure you have the applications checked.
    6. Then select Continue.
    7. You can say "OK" when it tells you that the applications have been queued to install at next sync.
    8. Now sync.
    9. Download the DataViz Tech tool.

DataViz Tech Tool Download

10. Double-click the file once it is downloaded on your desktop computer. It will launch your Palm Install tool.
    11. You will see the file listed in the Install Tool. Tap "Done".
    12. You can say "OK" when it tells you that the applications have been queued to install at next sync.
    13. Synchronize.
    14. Open the DataViz Tech Tool on the handheld.
    15. Tap on the ?Move Applications to Card? button.
    16. You will receive a message asking you to confirm you would like to move the applications. Tap "Yes".
    17. Documents To Go handheld application will now be stored on the expansion card.

* Please Note*
    * Documents To Go does not support installing applications to the card from the desktop through the Palm Install Tool.
    * All components that can be moved must be moved to the card together, or they all must remain on the internal handheld memory. The movement of only a few components to the card without the other components is not officially supported by DataViz.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    just stating the facts....
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Attn: Insertion,

So once you move the info intially using the "Tool", I'm assuming you use the "Tool" each time after you've added a Word Doc, spreadsheet and PowerPoint to your Treo. Is that right? Al least that's what I get from the link you provided above.

Tks in Advance
    Millerhifi pretty much answered this in post 5. It'll move/open the files on its own, once you open DTG. No need to use the Tech Tool afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    just stating the facts....
    Understood, and I probably came across like an ***. But it is possible using the DXTG Tool, which is why I pointed him in that direction. Don't use PowerRun.

It's all good.
    Tks Millerhifi and Insertion for the info. It's been helpful.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Anytime.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  14.    #14  
    thnx Insertion, I didn't see that in docs to go. i'll check it out when I get off work. as far as the rtfm comments go if feel I should read them come to boston and you can read them to me as a bed time story. i'm not going to remeber a read me for a program I got 7 months ago.

Timmay
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 03/05/2005 at 12:53 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about