Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. PatY's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
       #1  
    Just got my Treo 650 (Sprint) last week and have been working hard on finding a solution for my photo display requirements. I'm a photographer so I have a need to store up to 10,000 photos or more on my 1GB SD card. After spending many hours trying to get Splash Photo to work, I finally gave up. Splash Photo is simple to use and very intuitive but there were two major problems.

    1. After I synced more than a few thousand photos, hot sync would just slow to a crawl for no reason. Sometimes, it happened after 10 image writes. Other times, it stopped after 50 writes.

    2. All the images are placed in one folder. There is no way to create separate folders. How am I suppose to manage 10,000 files in one folder?

    Next up: Resco Viewer. A much more advanced viewer with lots of bells and whistles. Windows users will feel right at home. It supports multiple folders & categories so there is a lot of flexibility in managing large number of images. The only problem was that there was no way to download photos directly to specific folders. It uses Palm's installer so everything ends up in /DCIM. I was going to just select the files in the Treo and move them but there is no easy way to select all files in one folder. You have to tap each file to select them. I was not about to start tapping 10,000 files.

    The solution came in the form of using Resco Viewer and adding Card Export II to move the files. Card Export II simply loads the 1GB card from the Treo as a drive in Windows. After that, I just dragged and dropped all the files and folders over and a few minutes later, I was done. Since all my images are sorted by folders, there was no need to categorized them unless I wanted to create a category of images which spanned multiple folders.

    So far I've installed:

    Agendus Mail http://www.iambic.com/email/palmos/
    Agendus Pro http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/palmos/
    Card Export II http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    Directory Assistant http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    Resco Viewer http://www.resco-net.com/palm/palmviewer.asp
    Splash Photo http://www.splashdata.com/splashphoto/
    Zlauncher http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher.php4

    Thanks to everyone for all the great tips.
  2. #2  
    Have you tried Acid Image Pro?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatY
    ... Splash Photo is simple to use and very intuitive but there were two major problems.

    1. After I synced more than a few thousand photos, hot sync would just slow to a crawl for no reason. Sometimes, it happened after 10 image writes. Other times, it stopped after 50 writes.

    2. All the images are placed in one folder. There is no way to create separate folders. How am I suppose to manage 10,000 files in one folder?...
    1. my splashphoto syncs very fast, and i have only about 4000 pix, though.

    2. splashphoto does put them in seperate folders labeled whatever categories you select.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  4. #4  
    Consider getting a $20 card reader if you're copying 10000 photos.
  5. #5  
    I use SplashPhoto, which is exellent for file type support, sync speed, and desktop organization (wish it had AcidImage's quick zoom on screen capability though.
    Despite the inconvenience of carrying around a second device, has the photographer above tried iPhoto 20Gb? It is about the same screen size as Treo and holds much more than Treo.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TC (v6)
    I use SplashPhoto, which is exellent for file type support, sync speed, and desktop organization (wish it had AcidImage's quick zoom on screen capability though.
    Despite the inconvenience of carrying around a second device, has the photographer above tried iPhoto 20Gb? It is about the same screen size as Treo and holds much more than Treo.
    splashphoto does zoom on screen. is it just not as good as acidimage (i've never used acidimage)?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  7. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Consider getting a $20 card reader if you're copying 10000 photos.
    Agreed.

Posting Permissions