1.    #1  
    Well, after two months of separate devices (switched from Sprint to Cingular before the 650 was out), it's great to be back to the Treo 650. It was a sad day selling the Sprint 650, but we couldn't get Sprint service at our new house, so we made the switch. I have to admit, the Motorola v551 and Dell x50v made a pretty good Bluetooth combination, and overall Bluetooth was better than on Treo, but I've been dying without my Smartphone.

Web surfing on the large VGA screen was nice, but neither PIE, nor internet mail, worked as good as Blazer and Snappermail. The Treo is just faster, snappier, and not "hiccups" in connecting to the internet (the phone and Dell didn't always recognize each other). What I really missed, however, was the superior combination of Contacts and phone dialing; PIM integration; and the do everything D-Pad.

An interesting note is that with the Treo 650, I'm consistently getting 130-135kb EDGE service, while the Moto/Dell combo never tops 113kbs, and generally runs at 85kbs.

Man, it's good to be back. (Now it's time to send the Dell to eBay heaven).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I guess you won't be signing tundy's petition...
    I've used PPCs...Toshiba e740, ipaq 2210...pie is a joke, mobile browsing imo on those is worthless.
    1 | 2
    Congrats! Welcome back!!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys:

Creighton - no, I won't be signing the petition. On that first Sprint 650, once I got Zlauncher up and running, the only problem was a few complaints of voice quality on the other end. On the new Cingular, only 24 hours so far, but just as solid as the Sprint phone.

MFizzel - browsing on that VGA screen (especially since it switches to landscape with the push of a button) was okay - my problem was waiting on bluetooth to connect to the phone. Sometimes it worked first time, sometimes it took a reset of BOTH devices. Still, mot a s good an experience as Blazer.

ZBoater - thanks!
    Welcome back. We are jazzed to have you on the show!!!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Welcome back...
    MFizzel - browsing on that VGA screen (especially since it switches to landscape with the push of a button) was okay - my problem was waiting on bluetooth to connect to the phone. Sometimes it worked first time, sometimes it took a reset of BOTH devices. Still, mot a s good an experience as Blazer.
    completely forget about the VGA screen. My 2 experiences were on low res screens, it was bad, real bad...not so much because of the screen res but because PIE seemed so slow and not very capable in rendering most web pages. Plus, the ipaq 2200 didn't have SE because for some odd reason HP decided to only add SE to their new line of devices...boo...anyway, the treo is the shiznit.
    1 | 2
    I have a X50v and agree that browsing via VGA while nice is not as satisfying on the axim mainly b/c of lack fo 5-way nav functionaltiy. However a PPC simply blows away the Treo in terms of multimedia and gaming. Vids look beautiful compared tot he 650 and things like maps etc are simply sooo much easier and better...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    gfunk

You're right, but once you've been spoiled to an all in one device, it sure is hard to use the two device two step a9even when bluetooth is wokring correctly). Just got to have it all in one!