1. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Have any of gotten annoyed with the loose battery door while typing on the Treo 650? It doesn't feel solid. I thought it was just my unit, but I tried out somebody else's phone and it was the same problem, though not as bad.

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with PalmOne who basically gave me the runaround: call customer service, no call the PalmOne store, etc. They said they could replace my unit if I paid them $25. What a ripoff

Just put a flat little piece of rubber or other soft material between the door and the battery. Some people have glued it there. It will create more pressure between the door and the battery, giving you a more stable feel.

Also, see this thread .
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for the thread link. I guess I should do a search first ... post later
    That's cool. I am glad I was able to help.

But remember, search is your friend...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    LOL...

Mine is so tight I have to set the thing face down on a table and use two hands to get it open.

Its kind of a pain when I have to do a soft reset with the stylus....but I guess the alternative makes it look pretty good!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Mine's loose too, but I figure that after a couple of months the whole thing is going to creak and moan with every press of a key so the way I look at it I've just got a head start.
    Loose battery door, absolutely... the machine just goes black every once in a while and when I press down on the battery door it will usually wake up with a press of the power button... makes me wonder how long I was without phone service you know? Add that to my list of significant *****es about the unit... it will definately show up on treo650update.com, thanks for the reminder, it happened twice today already. I thought we left BS like this behind with the 180?
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    Loose battery door, absolutely... the machine just goes black every once in a while and when I press down on the battery door it will usually wake up with a press of the power button...
    Mine ain't that loose...
    t4l - the $25 is if you want a replacement instantly. If you accepted a swap where you would be without the phone for a few days, there would be no charge. Advance Exchange schemes always have charges like this - if you have Cingular service you could try for an in-store swap.

Do you guys have the little piece of foam on the back of the door? The pre-release T650s had none and the doors did creak a bit. I saw one of these in a Cingular store and it was a bit loose. Mine has a piece of foam in the middle of the inside of the door. It makes the battery door sit nice and snugly. You could use a bandage or some kind of spongy adhesive material to fix this.
    just bought these little green circular felt pads from 3M. One placed to the left of the strip palmone included did the trick
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Any of you using E-Grips ? I took the spare alcohol wipie thing and stuck it between the cover and battery. Now I am always carrying soenmthing to clean my screen and the cover isn't loose..
    I used a small bandaid inside the back of the door. Fixed the loose battery door perfectly. No more squeeks when I use the keyboard.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    i followed someones advice here and put a $20 under the battery... it keeps the door secure and i have an emergency stash for when i go somewhere that doesnt take credit unexpectedly.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    i followed someones advice here and put a $20 under the battery... it keeps the door secure and i have an emergency stash for when i go somewhere that doesnt take credit unexpectedly.
    I *love* this solution.

heh heh