Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vladchuck, I mentioned earlier (can't remember which thread) that I was advised by P1 to return my phone for replacement because of the earpiece and speakerphone volume issues. They are doing an advance replacement but I won't get it for two weeks as I'll be away. In the meantime maybe someone else will get a replacement and report the results. I have to say I'm not confident that a simple replacement unit will solve the problem. I am really mystified by P1 not commenting on some of these obvious issues.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weitzman@intern
    I initially purchased the Sprint T650 & returned because of poor reception, volume, etc. Got a Cingular T650 & same problem happened before & after unlocking it. I find funny that the speaker volume is great when the phone rings & also using Voice dial for example (don't they use the speaker?), but is so lusy during calls.

I suspect there is a hardware problem w/ the phone portion rather than software. But, I am not a tech person.....

Simon
    If the volume is OK when the phone rings but not OK during a call, that tells me that it is a software problem.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Asking this again:

Does any one kno what the difference is betweeen software versions Treo650-1.05-ROW and Treo650-1.06-ROW on an unlocked gsm?

Also, should mention my firmware is 1.14 and software is Treo650-1.05-ROW. Works flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    If the volume is OK when the phone rings but not OK during a call, that tells me that it is a software problem.
    Hope you are right. Are the different Frmware versions available anywhere other than P1?. Can one do a test via Filez?
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by duma
    Asking this again:

Does any one kno what the difference is betweeen software versions Treo650-1.05-ROW and Treo650-1.06-ROW on an unlocked gsm?

Also, should mention my firmware is 1.14 and software is Treo650-1.05-ROW. Works flawlessly.
    Uh-oh, I got the same and low volume. Could be hardware after all.
    On the other hand, I remember somebody reported having the newer versions of s/w but still having volume issues. Go figure...
    Hiss on the 650 appears related to the audio output chain not software/firmware.

But ... if the earpiece volume is increased, echo will be even worse than it is now.
    I am waiting for my 3rd unlocked 650. The first two phones had firmware version 1.14. I specifically asked for a firmware version 1.15 this time around hoping it was solve my problem.

Unfortunately, if the third time is not the charm I will have to send it back altogther.

I love the PDA/email features but if I cannot use the phone part it is useless. I need a good reliable phone for business. I am always on the road which is what attracted my to the 650 in the first place. If I have to tell clients to speak up or always ask them to repeat themselves, the phone is not doing its job.

If I didn't use the phone for work, I would probably just wait for a firmware upgrade.

Also, I have a feeling that this volume/hissing problem is universal on all unlocked 650's. The difference is some people have such a love for the idea and other features of the phone that they just put up with it and say the phone is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by duma
    Asking this again:

Uh oh. I was hoping not to hear that someone with the exact firmware/ROM versions had no volume problems. As I await my replacement I'm not confident the problem will be fixed. I see in P1's forecasts they will put out over 250,000 Treo's this quarter. I realize not all 650's have issues but if they let this continue there will be a *lot* of devices coming at them...possibly some thrown.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    For those who have reported the hissing on the headset, are you using the headset provided with the T650? I'm wondering if it's possible that it is the culprit. I'm going to try the headset from my T600 tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I posted earlier that I got two Cingular 650s, and both had horribly low volume and a loud hiss, and always had to be turned to the maximum volume. I returned both phones before I could check the firmware.

I just got an unlocked 650 today, and while I have to turn the volume to max still, and there is some hiss, it is not as bad as the Cingular 650s I returned. Not sure what this means. My firmware is currently 01.14 and the software is Treo650-1.05-ROW. Granted, my 600 is still louder than the 650, but it is a little better.

I'll wait and see what the person who gets the 01.15 says before requesting a replacement. But I'm hoping they can fix this....

Of course, we should all probably just be using hands-free/BT devices, and then this wouldn't be a problem (going to buy a BT device this weekend). But dammit, I want this puppy to work at least as well as the 600 did.
    GSM Low volume, from vienna channnels...just got it..cant even hear my voicemail when outside....anyone know that palm1-800 number for returns..
    I have an unbranded 650 and the volume is low. The sad thing is that when I use the HBH-660 the volume is TOO loud with the BT headset all the way down and the 650 volume all the way down. What's that old saying? It's either feast or famine?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Mine's low, too (from VC). It has a ways to go to be as good a phone as my Nokia 6620.

Todd/Indy
    Waited 4 months for my unlocked GSM 650.
    firmware 01.15
    software 1.06-row
    hardware A

issues:

Very low recieving and sending calls
    So low i can't even hear my voice mail if I check it outside
    Speaker phone echo- this has been so bad a client wanted me to call back on a land line! I can try to rationalize this all I want because of how I love the phone.
    But problems for clients is not gonna fly...

If anyone has any fix, for this I have tried the mute button, I have turned everything up as high as it would go and set the little button. I have done a soft and a system reset.

I think I have the latest firmware, so do you think I should send it back?
    how do you get a replacement sent to you before you send it back, so you are not without any phone

all constructive comments welcome
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123