Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My battery drains unbelievably fast still, after almost two month's. I thought maybe it would go away like other peoples, but I still have that issue. My drain now is about 2% every hour, and thats when I do not touch the phone. Does anyone have a fix for this? or any suggestions? Thanks.

(I already have KBlightsoff and treogaurd. I also have the Location Privacy enabled)
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Also remeber that the Treo's have a large color screen that takes a lot of juice. Technology has gotten a lot better but you still have that power drain.
    ^yes and no...see you are right colour screens do deplete the battery faster. However there are different types of colour screens.

The best at present is either OLED, and/or UFB. They use the lowest amount of power to power the screens.

Whereas CSTN and/or STN uses a dump load of battery power to power the screen. The Treo 650 uses TFT. A very economical and rich method of showing good pictures with minimal usage of battery
    I don't understand...you guys are complaining that the battery has 79% at the end of a full day?

My battery runs out at a rate of ~10% per hour! Is mine defective? I run verichat and chatteremail and use the phone very infrequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by woogemooge
    I don't understand...you guys are complaining that the battery has 79% at the end of a full day?

My battery runs out at a rate of ~10% per hour! Is mine defective? I run verichat and chatteremail and use the phone very infrequently.
    That sounds like a defective battery.
    keocera 7035>> treo600>> treo650>>700p>>755
    Notalent, but I make up for it with lots of practice
    i get about 3x24 ++ with my treo right now
    sounds good
    thats with few phone calls, checking & adding appointments, checking mail maybe twice to thrice a day and about 30-50 sms a day
    gotta LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    well i tried spending a day without verichat, and man, that makes a HUGE difference. I was at around 70-80% at the end of the day even with chatteremail running in the background
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBoost
    My drain now is about 2% every hour, and thats when I do not touch the phone.
    Is my math off - that's two full days on a charge ? Doesn't seem too bad to me. In the days of the 180/270/300, you were lucky to make it to the afternoon con call.

Phones went out in the office yesterday - my colleagues swiped my troe for a 1 1/2 hr con-call on the speaker phone, and I had better than 50% remaining after the call. I thought that was pretty good.....
    last night went to bed at 21h45 EST, and woke up at 06h00 EST...i went to bed last night with the treo 650 at 100%...woke up this morning i'm at 96%
    When I get to work in the morning I plug my phone in for about an hour and a half charge.....taking it to 99%. When I get to work the next day I have about 65-75% showing and charge again for the same amount of time.

I use my phone constantly to check email, lots of SMS, calls from my wife (a lot!) and others, and just playing around on it (games, etc.). I have my screen very dim and use KBLights. I have my GPS locator on, Beam Receive on, and Bluetooth enabled.

I have found myself away from a charger and my phone lasted almost 4 days starting from a full charge with my normal amount of usage for all of the days.

"Lucky!" -N. Dynamite
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    ^dang it i must see that movie everyone is making quotes from there

but yeah i do what it says in the manual...whenever you can charge the battery and well when i come home from school, the charger/sync cable gets attached to my treo and that is that..
    I cant seem to find the GPS enable/disable function. I go to Phone, Options, but dont have a Phone Preferences available, all Iam seeing is General Pref., Sound Pref., Call pref., and Dial pref., and none of these have the option of disabling Location Privacy.

Btw, I have a Cingular 650 GSM
    i thought the GSM version of the 650 doesnt have the GPS coordination, only CDMA (at this point, and iDEN)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12