Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    Been there, done that
    Is there any way you could give a mini tutorial on how to do this, I'm having some trouble figuring this out and where to find these ROM sites? I'm sure there are a few people that can benefit from it as well.
    Thanks.
    I was looking for a way of playing my favorite old games without having to install multiple applications. Kamalot showed me this emulator called LJP (Little John Palm OS)
    This emulator will successfully run the following consoles on your palm (i have tested these)
    • Gameboy
    • NES
    • SNES
    • Genesis
      It also runs (untested by myself)
    • Neogeo Pocket
    • Turbo Grafx 16

Note: you will want to use an SD card to store the roms and move as much stuff from the palm to the card as possible. Some roms take alot of space. You also should look into:PXA Clocker which is an tool that allows you to speed up (overclock) certain apps on your Palm/Treo (well actually you can overclock most). But beware, do not overclock too high or you could fry it. I have the

Well here goes, i'll try to make it simple.
    1. Install Emulator
      • Go here and download the zip file: Little John's Emulator (I'm using 0.8 beta)
      • Unzip the file, load the PRC (ljp.prc) on your palm device via hotsync (or download) and then run the app once (so it can register the LEM files).
      • Copy the .ZEM files that you want to use (older version of LJP uses .LEM) to the following path on your SD card (ZEM files are the actual modules that run the platforms):
        \PALM\Programs\LJP

2. Setup PXA clocker
      • Download PXA Clocker (only necessary for Genesis and SNES games).
      • Install PXA clocker.prc to your Palm via Hotsync.
      • Run PXA Clocker from your palm, tap on the top right button (should say "ON" after you tap it)
      • Select LJP.
      • Set the SYS to 156, your cpu clock will say 468Mhz which is pretty safe. (this way you only overclock the processor for that application).
      • Tap OK.

3. Getting Roms
      • Do a search on google for ROM files. You'll find plenty of sites (note: you must own these games to be able to download them).
      • Download the Roms to the appropriate folder on the SD card (ex NES games go to \PALM\Programs\LJP\NES\Roms).

4. Configure your controls
      Unfortunately, LJP does not use the keyboard as input keys, you'll have to use your hardkeys and 5way nav). you'll have to set up your controls for each emulator (cuz they all have diff buttons). We'll use the NES as a simple example.
      • Run LJP
      • Select the emulator you want (in this case it's NES).
      • Click on Config (you will see a list of the buttons that you can map).
      • Since it will select the first button by default (which in this case is A) tap Assign.
        You will now see four buttons at the top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left and a text dialog in the center of the screen that says "Press a button or a hit screen".
      • Pick the key you want A to be assigned to (I use the Red Phone button).
      • Wash, Rinse Repeat.
      • When you are done setting up your keys, just Tap on the browser button an load a ROM.

Let me know if this helps. If you have questions you can PM me.

-Blademonkey

PS: please excuse any formatting errors, it's late and i'm woozy. I shall edit later.
    Last edited by Blademonkey; 03/08/2005 at 04:27 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Great! I will try this soon.
    Billiards 4.2 (3-cushion version).
    http://www.megasoft2000.com/product....duct=Billiards
  4. gdb
    http://vexed.sourceforge.net

It has not been updated in a while, but there are tons of add-in levels, and works great on my 650.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb
    http://vexed.sourceforge.net

It has not been updated in a while, but there are tons of add-in levels, and works great on my 650.
    Are you running 2.0 or the 2.1 beta?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  6.    #26  
    Hey Tiffany,

Downloaded Future Boy it takes awhile to get into it (learning the commands and stuff), but it's kinda cool. Question for you: what do the Footnotes mean? and how do I access them? And is there anything else you can tell me that would make this a little easier to understand? Thanks.
    kmoria

beware, if you're even a little bit of a geek -- non-geeks may be immune
    Hey Tiffany,

Downloaded Future Boy it takes awhile to get into it (learning the commands and stuff), but it's kinda cool. Question for you: what do the Footnotes mean? and how do I access them? And is there anything else you can tell me that would make this a little easier to understand? Thanks.
    When you get notified about a foot note simply type in "Footnote #" (where # is the number of the footnote you just received.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Bejeweled 2
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I enjoy AcidSolitare, with all kinds of fun picture backgrounds...
    ace's texas hold 'em
  12.    #32  
    Where can I get Ace's Texas Hold 'em?
    I'm just simple here ^_^, Bejeweled 2, Acid Freecell and Ram Chess.
    Where can I get Ace's Texas Hold 'em?
    http://www.iambic.com/select/default.asp?itemid=101
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Right now it's Future Boy
    If you like future boy, have you played any of the old Infocom text adventures? Frotz is a free "z-machine" interpreter, and that datafiles for zork i ii and iii are freely available. Most (all?) of the other games were available in 'lost treasures' packages in the 90's and can usually be found on ebay. I dredged up my old floppies and now I've got 17of them on my 600 ... not so much because I play them a lot, but just because I can. My introduction to Unix, and to computers, was through zork ... I guess in a way I owe my career to it: I thought the Unix shell prompt was more of a mystery than the game's prompt BTW, our own mblank was an infocom founder.

Mark
  16.    #36  
    Love the Aces Texas Hold 'em! Cool!
    I like Crossword Puzzles and right now I use http://www.beocean.com/

My only gripe is that I'd wish it gave me some little notification when I complete a puzzle.

Otherwise it looks pretty slick and can download Across Lite formatted puzzle files directly off the net.
    I have Aces Texas hold em and Salexo texas holdem and Salexo is better (in my opinion) as you actually sit at a card table.
    The unofficial version 1.2.1 of SpaceTrader - works on Treo 600
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...37&postcount=7
    Quote Originally Posted by 1colorado
    I have Aces Texas hold em and Salexo texas holdem and Salexo is better (in my opinion) as you actually sit at a card table.

http://www.salexo.com/12605.html

Considerng the screenshots, your reason is off the wall to me

I'd rather have good game play than eye candy in a poker game.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast