1.    #1  
    Hello AOL fans,

I just downloaded the newest version of AOL for the Treo650

http://www.handango.com/aolsoftware/...oductId=159256

and all seems to be working well, finally I can remove versamail from the device and use this software for my mail.

I realize we have to pay $19.99, again, but it is most definitely the way to go. Remember, this is not software written by the folks at AOL, it is software written by our friends at Handango, so they have to make a nickel somehow.

It has been on my T650 for just a half hour, if you want I will post a review of the software in a few days to let you know if the problems have disapeared.

I have not been using versamail to review sent emails, or write new emails, for around 2 months now, I have been using it only to retrieve new email and reply to the new emails, and have not had a freeze or reset since, but would still prefer to use this new software.

Thanks Handango ,

Jeff
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Any word on just the AIM for Treo 650?

sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    Hello AOL fans,

I just downloaded the newest version of AOL for the Treo650

http://www.handango.com/aolsoftware/...oductId=159256

and all seems to be working well, finally I can remove versamail from the device and use this software for my mail.

I realize we have to pay $19.99, again, but it is most definitely the way to go. Remember, this is not software written by the folks at AOL, it is software written by our friends at Handango, so they have to make a nickel somehow.

It has been on my T650 for just a half hour, if you want I will post a review of the software in a few days to let you know if the problems have disapeared.

I have not been using versamail to review sent emails, or write new emails, for around 2 months now, I have been using it only to retrieve new email and reply to the new emails, and have not had a freeze or reset since, but would still prefer to use this new software.

Thanks Handango ,

Jeff

This software is Written by AOL
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Does it support attachments?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    A few more questions:

1) Does it have full 5-way support (eg. navigating through the mailbox, main screen, buddy list, composing email, or chatting)?
    2) Can it run in the background (while you're in another app)?
    It's written by AOL, and yes you can chat, write, view, from your AOL account, like your P.C. It was great with the 600, but I now I have Snapper+Verichat so I guess I won't need it, oh wait, my wife likes to check her email from my 650, so I guess AOL will earn another 20 bucks from me....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    5 way support yet?
  8.    #8  
    As AOL doesnt support the software, it was my impression that they dont write it, can anyone show proof of who writes it? Try to get help from AOL customer service, and they will tell you they dont write or service this software. Sorry for the rebuttal, but that is my experience.........
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    As AOL doesnt support the software, it was my impression that they dont write it, can anyone show proof of who writes it? Try to get help from AOL customer service, and they will tell you they dont write or service this software. Sorry for the rebuttal, but that is my experience.........
    Well, it's not Handango. They're just a retailer. It is an AOL product.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Defo an AOL programme, and they do not support any feedback, once they are happy with it, that's yer lot, and they must love it when Palm change their products, a simple tweak of the software and they are cashing it in again, AOL and M$ are so good at this crap software regeneration, but unless we vote with our feet we are stuck with it... money for old rope!!! To confrim that it is an AOL programme, contact them using Keyword and ask if they have upgraded their programme for the 650 and they will tell you it is available now for download... anyway, IMAP is fine if you remember to delete your old email from PC otherwise 650 will keep downloading it and bumping up your GPRS usage (if u r GSM user)
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    5 way support?
  12.    #12  
    It does support 5-way navigation.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Just gimme AIM dammit.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    thank god for 5 way support..now will it work on the 600??
    "All Products by America Online, Inc."
    This is from the Handango page
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo1
    "All Products by America Online, Inc."
    This is from the Handango page
    So, the big questions, why wont AOL support it if they write it, and why do we have to pay for it?

When I was under the impression the folks at handango made it I kinda said "oh well", but now, this makes me angry.......
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ive heard if you call and make a big enuf stink they will credit your account