1.    #1  
    I just got Snappermail "Premier" and have set it up to work fine using pop3 for my bellsouth.net account and I send through my Sprint mail account. I have not yet figured out how to receive or send thru AOL. Versamail did this thru IMAP. Is it necessary to purchase the full blown Snappermail in order to access my AOL, or is there a way to do it with the premier Snappermail program? I suppose, alternately, I could just use Versamail (groan.

Thx,

Luvwine
    You need the Enterprise version for IMAP support. It's worth every penny. Stay away from Versamail.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    There is no comparison or competition really to Snappermail. They have the best UI, most features & most importantly very active, ongoing development. There are always upgrades, bug fixes, added features. Versamail is stagnant, lame & crashes too much. I would use it if I could have one button-fetch all accounts & if there wasn't all the fetching. But Snappermail for now is awesom!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I would use it if I could have one button-fetch all accounts & if there wasn't all the fetching. But Snappermail for now is awesom!
    Snappermail has a one button-fetch all or did I miss understand you?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    SnapperMail Enterprise Edition + VeriChat = Great AOL combo
    When I'm in Snapper, pressing the "mail" hard key will fetch all my accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    When I'm in Snapper, pressing the "mail" hard key will fetch all my accounts.
    Exactly
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    SnapperMail Enterprise Edition + VeriChat = Great AOL combo
    Nailed that too!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Stay away from Versamail.
    But you got this one.
    When I tried installed it, it crashed.
    (Enterprise Version...)
    That is very odd. Was it the demo from their website? How did you install it?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Snappermail has a one button-fetch all or did I miss understand you?
    I think he's referring to versamail lacking those capabilities.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure. Thought I'd mention it just in case.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yes stay away from Versacrap, it worked fine for a while (not in the begining) then it just sucks. It stopped working the way it did, especially with Gmail. It got email but did not send it out & the auto sync never worked. Now I got Snapper Enterprise & guess what? AOL, Gmail, Sprint, Fastmail & Yahoo work great! Even fetching every hour, and with TreoHelper it gets my mail as soon as it comes in. So take our word for it, Snappermail is best, Chattermail didn't work with AOL so I didn't need it, plus thanks to Sprint I got Snapper free!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  15.    #15  
    Thanks everyone. I upgraded to Snappermail Enterprise today. I wish I had known earlier, as it would have cost me $5 less, but no biggie. Next time I will research better! Versamail really sucks. I did not know how bad till I encountered a soft reset every time I tried to access the program! I gather it was a corrupt database, but it seems like that is not an uncommon experience......

Best,

Luvwine
    I'm sorry but I must be missing something. I can't get snappermail to sync with one hardware button click. I have snapper mapped to the message HB. Anybody?

Thanks,

Al
    From within Snappermail> options> preferences> delivery> place a check mark in "hard button receives mail".
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Doesn't SnapperMail have to check for mail actively on your screen, as compared to Chatteremail? When it does, can you still receive calls? What if you're on Blazer surfing, what happens? I'm using Chatteremail trial now, and am on the fence with the Agendus mail. Actually, I downloaded the new Chatter upgrade, and it put my 650 into a continual reboot cycle so I'm looking at the email situation again.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    From within Snappermail> options> preferences> delivery> place a check mark in "hard button receives mail".
    Wow, that is really cool. FYI you need to go to the manual fetch option to select this. Otherwise, you won't see it.

Thanks,

Al