Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have loaded almost everything I want on the Treo 78 apps (including those in ROM), and still have 10 megs free! My set-up:

In ROM:
    Voice Dial (added via Shadowmite)
    Zlauncher (added via Shadowmite)
    Bluetooth
    Calc
    Calendar
    Camcorder
    Camera
    CardInfo
    Contacts
    Hotsync
    Memos
    Messaging
    Phone
    Pics&Videos
    Prefs
    Security
    Sounds
    Tasks
    Web
    World Clock

On Card:
    Vindigo (trial)
    4cast
    Acid Image Pro
    Audible
    Backupman
    Bejeweled2 (trial)
    Business Connection
    Blackjack Counter
    Blackjack
    Blocks
    BugMe!
    CardSpeed
    Chess Tiger (trial)
    Dataviz Tech Tool
    Directory Assistant
    Filez
    GTS Racing (trial)
    Jpegwatch lite
    Lefty
    Microcircuit (trial)
    Microquad
    MummyMaze (trial)
    PacDude
    Pocket Quicken
    Pocket City
    Prison
    Pocket Tunes
    Quickmile
    Runners Log
    MM Scriptures
    Snails (trial)
    Solitaire
    Splash ID
    Splash Photo
    Tetris (trial)
    Warfare Inc.
    Warfare Mission Editor
    WordPop (trial)
    Zap2016

In RAM:
    2day
    ASTConnect
    AudacityPro
    Audacity Alarm
    Backupman
    Bob's Alarm
    BTmute
    ClockPOP5
    DateBk5
    DayNotez
    Documents to Go
    HandZipper Lite
    Keyboard
    KeyCaps 600
    Radio Control
    SnapCalc5
    Snappermail
    Uninstall Manager

And with 10.0 megs left, I have lots of room to try new stuff.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Wow. Impressive.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, thank you. I'm so proud.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Herberman,
    In regard to SplashID, SplashPhoto and PocketQuicken you have loaded to SD. Do they still sync with their desktop components?

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    ============================
    In ROM:

Okay, so what does this ^^^ mean?? Are you saying that you rebuilt a custom rom with those apps in it? How cool is that.
    Good for you!

With all these apps you have listed, can you provide feedback as to crashes/resets problems or is everything running well?

Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I have loaded almost everything I want on the Treo 78 apps (including those in ROM), and still have 10 megs free! My set-up:

In ROM:
    Bluetooth
    Calc
    Calendar
    Camcorder
    Camera
    CardInfo
    Contacts
    Hotsync
    Memos
    Messaging
    Phone
    Pics&Videos
    Prefs
    Security
    Sounds
    Tasks
    Web
    World Clock

On Card:
    Vindigo (trial)
    4cast
    Acid Image Pro
    Audible
    Backupman
    Bejeweled2 (trial)
    Business Connection
    Blackjack Counter
    Blackjack
    Blocks
    BugMe!
    CardSpeed
    Chess Tiger (trial)
    Dataviz Tech Tool
    Directory Assistant
    Filez
    GTS Racing (trial)
    Jpegwatch lite
    Lefty
    Microcircuit (trial)
    Microquad
    MummyMaze (trial)
    PacDude
    Pocket Quicken
    Pocket City
    Prison
    Pocket Tunes
    Quickmile
    Runners Log
    MM Scriptures
    Snails (trial)
    Solitaire
    Splash ID
    Splash Photo
    Tetris (trial)
    Warfare Inc.
    Warfare Mission Editor
    WordPop (trial)
    Zap2016

In RAM:
    2day
    ASTConnect
    AudacityPro
    Audacity Alarm
    Backupman
    Bob's Alarm
    BTmute
    ClockPOP5
    DateBk5
    DayNotez
    Documents to Go
    HandZipper Lite
    Keyboard
    KeyCaps 600
    Radio Control
    SnapCalc5
    Snappermail
    Uninstall Manager

And with 10.0 megs left, I have lots of room to try new stuff.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    If you have 10 free megs left, load up more! You don't have enough stuff.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Herberman,
    In regard to SplashID, SplashPhoto and PocketQuicken you have loaded to SD. Do they still sync with their desktop components?

CGordonn
    SplashID syncs fine. I don't have the full version of Splashphoto, so I don't sync it to the desktop. Pocketquicken: I just upgraded the desktop to Quicken 2005 Deluxe, and my conduit is messed up for some reason. I need to fix it, so I'm not sure if it syncs properly from the card or not.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevroc
    In ROM:

Okay, so what does this ^^^ mean?? Are you saying that you rebuilt a custom rom with those apps in it? How cool is that.
    Right. Checkout www.shadowmite.com to learn how to do it. However, proceed at your own risk. And it only works on Sprint Treos.

At first, I added Snappermail to the list to go to ROM along with Zlauncher and Voice Dial, but took it out because I think I would have exceeded the ROM size limit. Even with adding just Voice Dial and Zlauncher, I had to delete a few other ROM apps (including Real Player, Versamail, and Notepad) to fit everything. The custom ROM tool shows the size of the files to be flashed to ROM, along with the total available ROM. I'm guessing you will fry the Treo if you try to add more than can be held by the available ROM.

When I finally flashed the ROM and did a hard reset, my device froze (to my dismay), but after a soft reset everything is fine, and works great.
    Last edited by heberman; 03/04/2005 at 03:32 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    Good for you!

With all these apps you have listed, can you provide feedback as to crashes/resets problems or is everything running well?
    Everything seems to be working great with no problems. Zlauncher and Voice Dial in ROM work fine. Everything is pretty stable, except for the occasional soft reset while in Blazer.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc
    If you have 10 free megs left, load up more! You don't have enough stuff.
    Yeah, you're right. I NEED MORE STUFF! (I know how I will be wasting time this weekend.)
    I could not get Splash ID to sync with the desktop component when located on the card. Ditto for Splash Money since it now has a desktop component. Adobe reader, Agendus, BugMe, Checkers, Chess Tiger, MM Player, Ms. Pacman, MS Dictionary, NesEm, Power One graphing software, P tunes, Solitaire, Splash Photo, Splash Shopper, Voice Dial, WinHand, and Zap2016 all run just fine on my SD card. I have Zlauncher running on RAM but I love how all application icons appear on main launcher screen even though they are located on card.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    I could not get Splash ID to sync with the desktop component when located on the card.
    That's weird because it syncs just fine on mine.
    How do you delete the quicktours and download applications from the treo 650? How much will it save in my memory? Thanks in advance for any help. Are there other things not needed that I should delete from the default things from cd.
    Very impressive. You still don't beat me- Im at like 120+, but my max free ram is 8 megs.

Question- does Zlauncer succesfully delete apps on the card? Another thread mentioned quirks when using Zlauncher in Rom.

If not, then a custom Rom with ZL is the ultimate!
    So, what's the secret to loading applications in RAM? Is there a utility like MEMMAKER (remember DOS?) oe the sequence of loading applications in RAM that will make a difference?

I understand at loading in ROM will provide extra apllications (as using RAM is avoided). As will loading on the SD card (the number of apps will depend on the size of the card).

The credit is in loading as many in RAM and still be functional (have enough memory to run apps and not have crashes/resets!!

Aloke
    How did you move Aubible to card (it is locked on treo) and did you loss any functionality???

As well, did you loss any functionality on Acid Image Pro (ie the ability from within email...say Snapper to open TIF files...say from an efax account)???
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown23
    How do you delete the quicktours and download applications from the treo 650? How much will it save in my memory?
    They can't be deleted because they're in ROM, and as such they aren't consuming any available RAM.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Herberman,

CGordonn
    I have SplashPhoto and ran without a problem in Ram. After moving to SD it did not sync so moved it back to RAM.

So no....it doesn't sync when on the SD card. Would be nice if it did.
    just out of curiosity, what button do you have ClockPop set to?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast