Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    OK - I was the guy who sent the keyboard back because the beta software was giving me problems - dropped connections, and, more annoying, failure to keep up with moderately quick typing -- that is, if you didn't hunt and peck, the keyboard failed to transmit many letters in a given sentence. And, by moderately quick I mean no faster than typing on the thumb keyboard of the 650.
    I picked up another keyboard and downloaded the new non-beta software last night. I am experiencing the same problems to the same degree. Maybe its the Treo - Sprint running 1.03-SPCS. Has anybody used the keyboard with this phone without experiencing these types of problems? Please let me know because if this works I can leave my laptop behind!!
    Thanks
    I tested out the keyboard for about 15 minutes when my brother brought his by with his PPC. Looks great, and feels strong and solid. I like the fact it is stiff when folded out so you can carry it around, use it on the lap, etc.

However, I also had problems with my typing. I found most of my problems were caused by the weird way the keyboard treated capital letters. If I held down the shift key while I typed a capital letter (such as the letter "I"), it made mistakes for several words after the capital letter. However, if I pressed and let go of the shift key, then typed the key to be capitalized, it worked. It also worked if I slowed my typing down to about 75-percent of normal (I also type pretty fast).

Based on those hassles, and because of the price, I chose not to buy the BT keyboard. I have heard here (from Gfunk?) a rumor that a palm-centric BT keyboard will be released in a couple of months.

I ended up buying a Palm universal keyboard on Amazon for about $47 shipped. (I saw the same keyboard at CompUSA for $69 - what a rip) It comes in a few days, so I hope it works ok.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have the keyboard and mouse- the mouse doesn't work on palm. but I have no problems. I type around 60 wpm no problem on both my treo and my ipaq.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Kenundrum - no way am I typing > 60 wpm so that cant be the problem. Is your 650 a Sprint?
    I have used the Thinkoutside BT keyboard for a month or so now. I type pretty fast, and haven't had any problems, other than the shift key producing two capital letters. I have noticed that if you don't click the "disconnect" button on the driver, and just fold up the keyboard when you are finished with it, other BT devices will have problems.
    Now that I have ordered my keyboard, I have been checking out IR or BT printers. They can be bought pretty cheap on Ebay - like $50 for a used one. The set-up seems pretty incredible: Use Winhand or BizCon to pull up docs from my desktop, modify the doc on the road, and print out a final copy wirelessly from the Treo to the printer.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Daf- have you tried hard reseting the phone and only installing the bt keyboard driver to see if it still happens? yes my phone is a sprint- same version number

heberman- you'll need to see if those BT printers have drivers for palm- if not then you wont be able to use them... similar to how we couldnt use the bt keyboard until a special driver was released
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Oh. I was under the impression that Printboy or another Palm printing program has the necessary drivers for just about all BT or IR printers.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Kenundrm - havent done the hard reset and kinda reluctant to do so because then I need to be reprovisioned on GoodLink which means downtime interfacting with IT department.
    daf..

Are you on v4.0 of GoodLink? If so, you don't need any interaction with IT to reprovision.